Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

[Pat Condell] The faith of idiots

Pat Condell - Master of Critical Religious Philosophical Wit

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

[Pat Condell] The faith of idiots

more from Uncle Pat ... :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Has Pat made a video attacking the "New Pope " yet ???? and his child molesting covering up days before he got the Big Hat Job ???
or will he continue to attack the little people in the big lie and mass brainwashing scam of religion :chin: all that does is create anger ....a divide . His soap box rants are getting more and more shakey :D This was a peach of a rant and will do nothing to convert anyone ......but is that the idea :D

Posted on

Faith isn't something you can acquire. But you can have it slowly ground out of you by the many injustices and harshness of life. In a way, Faith is something everyone has to varying amounts.

Some have faith in Gods.
Others have faith in themselves or their nearest and dearest.
Others simply have faith in humanity as a whole.
But some others have had all faith ground out of them.

Having faith doesn't make you stupid and closed minded. Being obnoxious and closed minded about other people's faith and ideologies do. While Mr Condell likes to pour scorn upon others for being closed minded and obnoxious about other people's faiths - Mr Condell hasn't quite realised that he's doing exactly the same thing to them.

Mutual dialogue and the sharing of ideals without trying to superimpose them is probably the way to go for progression and peace in the world. But when folks start being uncivil toward those of differing ideas - that's when the snowball of hate begins to start rolling. I'll bet that even folks like Abu Hamza probably was a nice enough guy during his school days.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Posted on

Nothing wrong with faith. Faith is a good thing. IMO organised Religous cults have nothing to do with faith. Or God(s). they are simply self serving heirarchies or oligarchies in which a pyramid of control is used to benefit those at the top.

But when folks start being uncivil toward those of differing ideas - that's when the snowball of hate begins to start rolling.

Well said. Although would you be civil to people like Hitler, Stalin, Netanyahu, Livni, Blair, Albirght, etc,etc, all of whom had or have ideologies where human life was worthless

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Well Mel Gibsons dad does not hold back on his views either.... :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... burst.html

Posted on

annie27 wrote:Well Mel Gibsons dad does not hold back on his views either.... :D

I couldn't care less if the pope is Gay. The Pope is however a disgusting and repulsive creature who is the head of a disgusting and repulsive paedophilic, bigoted, misogynistic, sexually obsessed oligarchy.

Sadly he will be contaminating our land in a few weeks.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

annie27 wrote:Has Pat made a video attacking the "New Pope " yet ???? and his child molesting covering up days before he got the Big Hat Job ???
or will he continue to attack the little people in the big lie and mass brainwashing scam of religion :chin: all that does is create anger ....a divide . His soap box rants are getting more and more shakey :D This was a peach of a rant and will do nothing to convert anyone ......but is that the idea :D

I guess his rants to be quite cathartic, for those people who haven't the bottle, or his way with words, to express their own dismay at how things are panning out.

As mentioned on this thread, faith is sod-all to do with organised religion. That kind of blind acceptance is pretty scary. It ranks up there with the Nazi regime, and every other sect that has used fear and superstition to control/subjugate others.

I am with Pat - in his belief in developing a personal morality. Freud once claimed that religion is used as a father figure for those who don't want to aspire to adult status/responsibilities. Here Pat echoes this.

" God said it. That settles it. I believe it"

How bluddy scary is THAT? :eek:

As to Pat's style: No one would tune in if he was polite and mild. :chin: Like a Hell-fire preacher he gets his message across with his passion and outrage.

Faith is an important and intrinsic aspect of human experience. To believe in something and to aspire to it is wonderful. To live in a better way because of it, is also wonderful.

Blind acceptance of a dubious code of ethics - and idolatry - is nothing of the kind.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: hopeful

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
annie27 wrote:Well Mel Gibsons dad does not hold back on his views either.... :D

I couldn't care less if the pope is Gay. The Pope is however a disgusting and repulsive creature who is the head of a disgusting and repulsive paedophilic, bigoted, misogynistic, sexually obsessed oligarchy.

Sadly he will be contaminating our land in a few weeks.

Exactly! His gayness would be the least of his problems. Mel Gibson's dad sounds like a nut case tho'.

I well remember my sister's outrage at the policies of her son's school - in Oz some 40+ years ago. He was being schooled by nuns - it was a Catholic school - and began having nightmares. She found out that he had been threatened by the nuns, that if he was naughty he would burn in everlasting Hellfire.

What a thing to tell a 5 years old. :mad:

Needless to say she removed him pronto and took him elsewhere. The only plus side was that when they came home to Blighty, his level of academic schooling was ahead of the state schools here. So despite their wrong-headedness about their religion, they were up to the mark on the other stuff.

Funnily enough, almost all the people I know who had this sort of harsh punitive Catholic dogma thrust at them, grew up to reject it.My Dad(Joe) ;) being the closest to me, Pat Condell being the most well-known.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: hopeful

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Nothing wrong with faith. Faith is a good thing. IMO organised Religous cults have nothing to do with faith. Or God(s). they are simply self serving heirarchies or oligarchies in which a pyramid of control is used to benefit those at the top.

But when folks start being uncivil toward those of differing ideas - that's when the snowball of hate begins to start rolling.

Well said. Although would you be civil to people like Hitler, Stalin, Netanyahu, Livni, Blair, Albirght, etc,etc, all of whom had or have ideologies where human life was worthless

Perhaps if people had been civil to all those before they turned hateful, they may not have turned out the way they did. Though to include someone like Blair in that lot isn't quite right, Blair didn't hate anyone - he just loved money more than he hated people.

Though if he were to drop by - I'd still be quite civil to him. What kind of host would I be if I weren't civil to him? If I were to attack him, it'd just make it easier for me to attack other people who displease me in the future.

Take Charles Bronson for example, he got done for armed robbery - but he let blind hate and fury turn him into the animal he is now.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master

Posted on

I couldn't be civil to Blair.

Although I think you're right about Blair. He only went with the Ruling Elite who paid him the money. He's still doing it too. It's like the big Pop music Manager who grooms the good looking boy saying, "I can make you a star son, just do as I say"

Ironically the guy who did that to Blair and funded him to power was actually a Pop Music Impresario. Michael Levy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Le ... sic_career

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:I couldn't be civil to Blair.

Although I think you're right about Blair. He only went with the Ruling Elite who paid him the money. He's still doing it too. It's like the big Pop music Manager who grooms the good looking boy saying, "I can make you a star son, just do as I say"

Ironically the guy who did that to Blair and funded him to power was actually a Pop Music Impresario. Michael Levy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Le ... sic_career

Ha ha ha, as if I didn't think Tony Blair could be any more creepy, you just made him seem all the more sinister.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master

Posted on

Blair was groomed in university I reckon. The demise of John Smith, at the least, was awfully 'convenient'

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Blair was groomed in university I reckon. The demise of John Smith, at the least, was awfully 'convenient'

Groomed? You make it sound like something that Gary Glitter would do.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master

Posted on

Gunner 51 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Blair was groomed in university I reckon. The demise of John Smith, at the least, was awfully 'convenient'

Groomed? You make it sound like something that Gary Glitter would do.

:)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Gunner 51 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:I couldn't be civil to Blair.

Ha ha ha, as if I didn't think Tony Blair could be any more creepy, you just made him seem all the more sinister.

well who knows what dirt they had on him ....they had hand picked him at an early age and placed him in power ...any of his past mistakes could be used to manipulate his decisions ... ;)
and there is plenty of evidence to suggest they had dirt on Gordon Brown as well ....

No doubt they have some merky dealings that Cameron was up to in his youth to make him do their bidding as well ;)
and godknows what Osbourns personal tastes and desires could be used against him ...he is one of the creepiest men in the house :D
plus his holiday with with Mandy in Corfu .....I would love to see those holiday snapshots :rofl: or maybe not :throwup:

Posted on

both Blair and Cameron had the meetings with the Rothschilds and Murdoch in Corfu before being put forward as the front runner in the General election.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 95742.html
One guest who has also stayed at the [Corfu] villa said: "It's an old olive press and olive mill that Jacob Rothschild bought about 25 years ago and which Nat [Rothschild] now has. It has been extensively added to over the year, in a very simple way, so that it sleeps about 20. It's stunningly beautiful and understated."

He added: "It all seems incredibly cosy. James Murdoch, Rebekah Wade, Charlie Brooks, Matthew Freud, Elisabeth Murdoch, Cameron and Osborne are all very much at ease with each other. There is a mix of the social and the political. It all seems incredibly close."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:both Blair and Cameron had the meetings with the Rothschilds and Murdoch in Corfu before being put forward as the front runner in the General election.

One guest who has also stayed at the [Corfu] villa said: "It's an old olive press and olive mill that Jacob Rothschild bought about 25 years ago and which Nat [Rothschild] now has. It has been extensively added to over the year, in a very simple way, so that it sleeps about 20. It's stunningly beautiful and understated."

He added: "It all seems incredibly cosy. James Murdoch, Rebekah Wade, Charlie Brooks, Matthew Freud, Elisabeth Murdoch, Cameron and Osborne are all very much at ease with each other. There is a mix of the social and the political. It all seems incredibly close."

I am going to visit that Island :D .....is the villa at the top end ?? it must be a pretty isolated part ....whats the name of the Taverna they all eat at ...I am sure it was named in an article ... :chin:

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:both Blair and Cameron had the meetings with the Rothschilds and Murdoch in Corfu before being put forward as the front runner in the General election.

Anyone who thinks we actually have seperate parties should read this ......its just creepy how thick the web is they are all intertwined ...all dancing to the money mens tune :maduk:

Posted on

LibLabCon is all the same thing. They have the monopoly on power and thus are an effective totalitarianism.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Pat Condell