Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Cindy Beale's accent in Corrie

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

It is certainly atrocious.

I can't stand her and she should never have joined Corrie. She should never have joined EastEnders either. She's nearly as bad as Claire Fucking Goose

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Nah she is ok ....not great but ok ,

but I am pissed of at all the new Gay lines in a Tiny street so we now have two gay men :thumb: two gay girls (15) :confused: a transexual :thumb: and a transvestite (shit actor) :confused: and it all happens to coincide with the new gay guy in charge of the block who claims he was just trying to make it interesting ......But only the straights are nasty and all the Gays are wonderful and kind .....and I am suposed to relate this shit to the real world ??? or are we being manipulted as per .
I know my thoughts ..........

Posted on

Anything but the dreaded ...........................

:rofl:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:Btw, is it a coincidence that Corrie's viewing figures have declined since Cindy Beale came back from the dead and started running the Rovers? :Rolleyes:

Den and Angie Watts will probably be the next to arrive in Corrie...

Or Arthur as a potman. :rofl:

Cindy Beale is a 'has been' still trying to be a 'wannabe'.
Cockneys don't belong in pubs in Manchester, so "get out of my pub, Cindy Beale.

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Changeable

Posted on

As a northerner myself, I don't have a problem with her accent. I don't watch Corrie regularly, but I've seen a couple of episodes with her in it, and I tend to agree with Annie.

I think the criticism is coming from those within the media, stirred up by critics. Corrie has long since lost its' way, and has not won any awards for many years. Frankly I think the whole programme needs a total overhaul, with less time spent in the Rovers (because it's too easy to write stuff around it, and pubs are closing down everywhere, especially in working-class areas), and a bit more humour injected into it.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. Ambrose Bierce (1842-1913)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare. The internet has proved that this is not the case...

Grand Master

Posted on

tango15 wrote:As a northerner myself, I don't have a problem with her accent. I don't watch Corrie regularly, but I've seen a couple of episodes with her in it, and I tend to agree with Annie.

I think the criticism is coming from those within the media, stirred up by critics. Corrie has long since lost its' way, and has not won any awards for many years. Frankly I think the whole programme needs a total overhaul, with less time spent in the Rovers (because it's too easy to write stuff around it, and pubs are closing down everywhere, especially in working-class areas), and a bit more humour injected into it.

And a bit more sex.
Don't they do it in Manchester? :rofl: We do it in London.

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

annie27 wrote:Nah she is ok ....not great but ok ,

but I am pissed of at all the new Gay lines in a Tiny street so we now have two gay men :thumb: two gay girls (15) :confused: a transexual :thumb: and a transvestite (shit actor) :confused: and it all happens to coincide with the new gay guy in charge of the block who claims he was just trying to make it interesting ......But only the straights are nasty and all the Gays are wonderful and kind .....and I am suposed to relate this shit to the real world ??? or are we being manipulted as per .
I know my thoughts ..........

Annie..miracles never cease. I've got to agree with you on this one 150%.
:squeeze:

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

tango15 wrote:As a northerner myself, I don't have a problem with her accent. I don't watch Corrie regularly, but I've seen a couple of episodes with her in it, and I tend to agree with Annie.

hey that's an idea!!

They should close the Rovers and turn it into something else!!

If it's anything like around here, it'll turn into a Polish 7-11 shop.

btw Tangs, what you say about Corrie needing an overhaul, I feel the same about Emmerdale. Absolutely dreadful these days.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Rocky wrote:

And a bit more sex.
Don't they do it in Manchester? :rofl: We do it in London.

In certain parts of Manchester, such as Wilmslow and Alderley Edge, sex is what coal used to come in. For t'rest of us it's just for Saturday nights tha' knows :D

They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare. The internet has proved that this is not the case...

Grand Master

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:

hey that's an idea!!

btw Tangs, what you say about Corrie needing an overhaul, I feel the same about Emmerdale. Absolutely dreadful these days.

Watched Emmerdale at a mate's house a couple of weeks ago, just because it was on. I was struck about how similar the plot lines and characters are to Corrie, which is probably why it's not doing too well either.

Grand Master

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:

hey that's an idea!!

Emmerdale???..There's more fun in a mortuary.

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

Rocky wrote:
smeggypants wrote:

hey that's an idea!!

Emmerdale???..There's more fun in a mortuary.

indeed. Those plastic Geordie sisters and plastic dancing robot Marlon, all obviously put in at an attempt in humour are absurd!!!

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:What Corrie should do is axe the 'dead wood' characters like:

Emily Bishop
Betty Williams
Fiz Stape
Steve McDonald
Roy Cropper
Dev Alahan

Yes why have normal honest decent people like Betty and Emily or Roy ....we need more people who are evil ,twisted ,knarled nasty and can not keep their pecker in their pants or their knickers up . :roll:
The idea that so many in a tiny street have been banged up at one time or another ,or killed someone ,or have cheated on their spouse .has been the death of a once quality and very funny soap . The reason it was brilliant once was that it reflected real life.

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
Scott Nelson wrote:What Corrie should do is axe the 'dead wood' characters like:

Emily Bishop
Betty Williams
Fiz Stape
Steve McDonald
Roy Cropper
Dev Alahan

Yes why have normal honest decent people like Betty and Emily or Roy ....we need more people who are evil ,twisted ,knarled nasty and can not keep their pecker in their pants or their knickers up . :roll:
The idea that so many in a tiny street have been banged up at one time or another ,or killed someone ,or have cheated on their spouse .has been the death of a once quality and very funny soap . The reason it was brilliant once was that it reflected real life.

Fukkin 'ell. People would switch off if the soap was about my road. The place is dead after 8pm and half comatose during the day!!

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
annie27 wrote:

Emily Bishop
Betty Williams
Fiz Stape
Steve McDonald
Roy Cropper
Dev Alahan

Fukkin 'ell. People would switch off if the soap was about my road. The place is dead after 8pm and half comatose during the day!!

That was not my point Smeggy ,of course they have to have interesting storylines ,but its the banter that is missing now and normal situations that people can relate to that is missing . and the idea that every two up, two downs, seems to have about 8 bedrooms :howl:

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
annie27 wrote:

Emily Bishop
Betty Williams
Fiz Stape
Steve McDonald
Roy Cropper
Dev Alahan

That was not my point Smeggy ,of course they have to have interesting storylines ,but its the banter that is missing now and normal situations that people can relate to that is missing . and the idea that every two up, two downs, seems to have about 8 bedrooms :howl:

What's hilarious aboutr Cornation Street is that behind the Rovers to the left is a railway bridge. yet the other side is the back of the houses.

makes no sense - see top left corner :rofl:

Click on image for full size:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I went to visit Corrie(Granada studio tour) about 17 years ago , I will dig out some pics and post them (it was fantastic ,honest). Funny I also visited about 20 years before that when I was a student studying Art and Set design , We met all of the old cast ,a brilliant bunch . They really made us feel welcome and took a great interest in our course . We sat and had lunch with them ,if you can believe it . Imagine that happening now ! :D

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:Michelle Collins' acting is atrocious. I thought she was brilliant in EastEnders, but in Corrie she is absolutely dire. Her accent is hideous and is not doing her any favours whatsoever.

I am amazed the stupid Corrie bosses aren't taking viewers' comments on board about Collins rather than continuously defending her.

Controversy Creates Cash I suppose. :shrug:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:Michelle Collins' acting is atrocious. I thought she was brilliant in EastEnders, but in Corrie she is absolutely dire. Her accent is hideous and is not doing her any favours whatsoever.

I am amazed the stupid Corrie bosses aren't taking viewers' comments on board about Collins rather than continuously defending her.

Well Scott I guess all you can hope for, is that the silly woman is in a Coma for the next three years till her contract runs out on Corrie :howl:

Next

Return to Soaps