Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Corrie cast 'panic over job cuts'

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Corrie cast 'panic over job cuts'

Duuuuuuuuuhhhhhh!
Gormless moron Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell has claimed that the show's cast are living in fear for their jobs.

The actor, who has played Kevin Webster for 26 years, revealed that even long-established Weatherfield stars are concerned about their future following recent job cuts at ITV.

"We are scared that we face getting axed with what's going on," Le Vell told The People. "But we all have the attitude we will just carry on doing what we are doing to the best we can.

"What will happen will happen, but in the meantime we want to continue working hard as a team and hopefully we will reign supreme at what is a difficult time for ITV."

In February, reports suggested that the Manchester-based soap could be sold off to an independent production company due to the current financial climate.

Meanwhile, The People also claims that paranoia over the show's future has led to a widespread "mole hunt" in recent weeks.

Following recent storyline leaks to the media, executive producer Kim Crowther reportedly ordered staff to hand over their phone records - and also recruited an expert to sweep conference rooms for bugging devices.

A source revealed: "Staff couldn't believe what they were hearing. They deal with top-secret storylines and internal matters week in, week out so found it astonishing that the finger of suspicion should be pointed at them.

"Most were happy to do it because they knew if they didn't, questions would be asked. As for the bug sweep, it shows how paranoid the bosses have become. The atmosphere is really bad now because everyone is worried about their jobs in this difficult climate."

A ITV spokesperson this afternoon told DS: "We are very vigilant when it comes to protecting storyline leaks on both Coronation Street and Emmerdale as we don't want to spoil plots for our viewers."

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Why has David Platt not been killed off :stomp: :stomp:

No greater friend, no worse enemy.

On three rolls!!

Posted on

SULLA wrote:Why has David Platt not been killed off :stomp: :stomp:

Teflon Platt!!! :rofl:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

That Michael Le Veil is lookin' old. Though I suppose he would. Not watched it for over ten years now.

Who is David Platt and why should he be killed orft? - no don't tell me, why should I care? :D

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

With just a few exceptions, those who have left Corrie have disappeared into obscurity. This speaks for itself. Over the course of many years, I have met some of the actors, and the thing that struck me is that they seem to behave like their on-screen characters! Haven't watched it for a while, but the last time I saw it, I felt they were running out of story lines. Perhaps it's time for a complete revamp.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. Ambrose Bierce (1842-1913)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare. The internet has proved that this is not the case...

Grand Master

Return to Soaps