Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

7,000,000,000 by next week!

Global warming, Ecology, Geology, Weather, Biology and other Human Sciences, etc,etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

7,000,000,000 by next week!

Yup, by next week apparently there'll be 7 BILLION people on the planet.

When I was born there was only 3 BILLION on the planet.

Is there room for many more?



Image

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."


User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 96920
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Well it won't get up the high estimate unless the Martians feel sympathy and start sending food shipments. :):

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 7760
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

You have to factor in that approximately 3 billion of these people are chavs. They breed like feckin' rabbits.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

User avatar
Grand Master
Posts: 7078
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Residing somewhere in Sengenydd
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

:D
7 billion is really quite scary. Don't forget the Christian cult saying "Contraception = bad". No contraception doesnt ALWAYS = baby, otherwise you wouldnt hear about couples TRYING to have a baby, IMO. If there were less people and more distribution of food, the world would be better.

"Who does the washing? Who does the drying? No one, with this washer dryer" - Jim Bowen

I still need you there beside me
No matter what I do
For I know
I'll never find another you
- The Seekers

"Life is what happens to you when you're away making other plans" - John Lennon

"Names Gene Hunt, your DCI and its 1973. Almost dinner time. I'm havin' hoops!"

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 8123
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:19 am
Location: St. Albans, UK
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

grimtales1 wrote::D
7 billion is really quite scary. Don't forget the Christian cult saying "Contraception = bad". No contraception doesnt ALWAYS = baby, otherwise you wouldnt hear about couples TRYING to have a baby, IMO. If there were less people and more distribution of food, the world would be better.



There are only a couple of sects that still believe in that, what concerns me more is the constant drain on natural habitat and the (less reported) extinction of both flora and fauna owing to the 'needs' of the human population.

Looking at the figures, around 150 billion square kilometers is land, and less than 14% of that is considered able to sustain plant growth (under 5% of which is considered permanent crop sustainable.

That makes around 7.5 million kilometers is what the humans have to make do with each as from next week, or ten hectares (25 acres)each, notwithstanding the needs of the 5000 species of land mammals, 9000 species of land birds, and 7000 species of reptiles, all of which are vying for the space.

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

It has been estimated that the world population will keep on increasing to reach over 9bn but after that it will steady and start evn to decline.



Loves Smeggy's
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Channel Hopper wrote:
grimtales1 wrote::D
7 billion is really quite scary. Don't forget the Christian cult saying "Contraception = bad". No contraception doesnt ALWAYS = baby, otherwise you wouldnt hear about couples TRYING to have a baby, IMO. If there were less people and more distribution of food, the world would be better.



There are only a couple of sects that still believe in that, what concerns me more is the constant drain on natural habitat and the (less reported) extinction of both flora and fauna owing to the 'needs' of the human population.

Looking at the figures, around 150 billion square kilometers is land, and less than 14% of that is considered able to sustain plant growth (under 5% of which is considered permanent crop sustainable.

That makes around 7.5 million kilometers is what the humans have to make do with each as from next week, or ten hectares (25 acres)each, notwithstanding the needs of the 5000 species of land mammals, 9000 species of land birds, and 7000 species of reptiles, all of which are vying for the space.


I would argue that isn't the needs to the human population that is the primary cause of these depletions but rather the needs of the Usury based Fractional reserve money system that requires an infinitely expanding economy ( even with a stable population ) just to stand still.

The Bank of England's target rate of inflation isn't 0% it's 2%

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."


User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 96920
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Too many people living on this planet now...time to kill of all the Muslims and Arabs..!! :roll:



User avatar
Really Loves Smeggy's
Posts: 2293
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Northampton UK
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I wonder which completely random baby will be chosen to represent the 7bn'th human in the world.



Loves Smeggy's
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

That means by the time I'm dead, there could be 12 billion people in the world :eek:

"Who does the washing? Who does the drying? No one, with this washer dryer" - Jim Bowen

I still need you there beside me
No matter what I do
For I know
I'll never find another you
- The Seekers

"Life is what happens to you when you're away making other plans" - John Lennon

"Names Gene Hunt, your DCI and its 1973. Almost dinner time. I'm havin' hoops!"

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 8123
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:19 am
Location: St. Albans, UK
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

grimtales1 wrote:That means by the time I'm dead, there could be 12 billion people in the world :eek:



Unlikely, the proximity that some communities of humans live in means a greater chance of revolving spreading pandemics (cubed for every doubling of population)

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Strewth CH, that's a really depressing post now that I read it.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

User avatar
Grand Master
Posts: 7078
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Residing somewhere in Sengenydd
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Yikes CH.
I was going by the statistic that the population seems to be rising by 1Bn every 12 years :eek:
1987 - 5 billion
1999 - 6 billion
2011 - 7 billion

"Who does the washing? Who does the drying? No one, with this washer dryer" - Jim Bowen

I still need you there beside me
No matter what I do
For I know
I'll never find another you
- The Seekers

"Life is what happens to you when you're away making other plans" - John Lennon

"Names Gene Hunt, your DCI and its 1973. Almost dinner time. I'm havin' hoops!"

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 8123
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:19 am
Location: St. Albans, UK
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

stinkymouse wrote:Too many people living on this planet now...time to kill of all the Muslims and Arabs..!! :roll:


I hear Nottingham is to be vastly reduced in size. No discrimination used either.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."


User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 96920
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

The reason for the rapid population growth is not because of higher than before birth-rate, the birth-rates have been falling even in the third world countries, but because of lower death-rate and lower infant-mortality. That means that more people reach adulthood and manage to produce offspring of their own than before.

It is likely that if the standard of living in the third world countries rises, hopefully it will, then the birth rate will keep on coming down. Perhaps it is overoptimistic to hope for that sometime in the future people won't heed any religion telling people to breed like rabbits and banning contraception.



Loves Smeggy's
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Suursuo wrote:The reason for the rapid population growth is not because of higher than before birth-rate, the birth-rates have been falling even in the third world countries, but because of lower death-rate and lower infant-mortality. That means that more people reach adulthood and manage to produce offspring of their own than before.

It is likely that if the standard of living in the third world countries rises, hopefully it will, then the birth rate will keep on coming down. Perhaps it is overoptimistic to hope for that sometime in the future people won't heed any religion telling people to breed like rabbits and banning contraception.


The Duggars!!!! :eek: :eek:

Image

Religion breeding it's way into a majority!!

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."


User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 96920
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

In 3 generations there'll be 130,321 of them!!!
In 5 generations tehre'll be 47,045,881 of them!!

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."


User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 96920
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
stinkymouse wrote:Too many people living on this planet now...time to kill of all the Muslims and Arabs..!! :roll:


I hear Nottingham is to be vastly reduced in size. No discrimination used either.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

Why Nottingham... :confused:



User avatar
Really Loves Smeggy's
Posts: 2293
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Northampton UK
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

When i was born, i was the :4,161,966,174th
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15391515



User avatar
Really Loves Smeggy's
Posts: 2293
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Northampton UK
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

by 2025 Britain will be 96% Muslim :D

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."


User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 96920
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Next

Share this Topic on Twitter and Facebook:

Return to Human-Earth Science

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest