Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Cute kids bedding. I want.

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

I have a feeling I'll regret posting this in Lifestyle, which contains fashion AND fetishes, but I don't know where else to put it :mad1:

I wish they would make some kiddies' stuff for adults, like this bedding set, for starters!

Posted on

oh Ari, youre right - I feel the same sometimes about kids clothes - i look at the wee girls stuff and I think- why dont they make that in adults sizes...?

its so colourful and fun!

Maybe its because I live in a total girl-free, pink-free zone (surrounded by testosterone charged wild boys), and never have the fun of buying wee girls clothes that I want to wear them myself. ...and yet Im the most ungirly-unpink person myself, really. :chin:

So are you going to treat yourself to a new duvet set this christmas?

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

That bedding is adorable! When my little boy was about one, I saw a mum & baby matching dungarees set in a catalogue, very Play School-ish, it was lovely! I was tempted, but OH isn't into the Play School look. :thumbdown:

Be yourself - everyone else is already taken.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Sahara
Current Mood: Sad

Posted on

I do buy kids clothes for myself actually - Gap boys stuff is good, especially the winter things - outdoor jackets and warm fleecy trousers etc - a nd of course theres no VAT on kids clothes so it s really good value

I suppose i could buy the girls stuff but somehow it looks nicer in the small sizes - I think its to do with the beauty of pretty colours and pattern on a small scale.

now, if only I had a daughter.....*sigh*

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

It's funny, I never used to wear pink - until my daughter was born, and I can cope with wearing it now!

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

ariane wrote:I have a feeling I'll regret posting this in Lifestyle, which contains fashion AND fetishes, but I don't know where else to put it :mad1:

In the immortal words of Vic and Bob "You wouldn't let it lie, you just wouldn't let it lie!" :rofl: :rofl:

It is actually very cute and love the colours used.

Buying the material and making something yourself isn't too hard. Patterns are easy to get hold off either from the net or too buy in shops. Then getting the material is easy as fabric shop seem to be springing up all over the place. Really all you need is a little time, but then you would have te bonus of something unique and special to you or someone if you choose to give it as a present.

Posted on

That's not a bad idea - do you have a sewing machine Ari? Quilt covers & pillowcases are quite easy to do - I'm sure you could find some fabric online, I'll have a search if I get time later!

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Deb Arkle wrote:That's not a bad idea - do you have a sewing machine Ari? Quilt covers & pillowcases are quite easy to do - I'm sure you could find some fabric online, I'll have a search if I get time later!

I have used this place before http://www.cheapfabrics.co.uk/ well quite some time ago actually, they did have a good range of fabrics. I am lucky and have about 5 or 6 shops within walking distance so have not had to buy online for a little while.

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:

1980s mungous mate! Popstastic!!

Must remember that pic for when Let's Count gets up to 4656

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:oh Ari, youre right - I feel the same sometimes about kids clothes - i look at the wee girls stuff and I think- why dont they make that in adults sizes...?

its so colourful and fun!

Maybe its because I live in a total girl-free, pink-free zone (surrounded by testosterone charged wild boys), and never have the fun of buying wee girls clothes that I want to wear them myself. ...and yet Im the most ungirly-unpink person myself, really. :chin:

So are you going to treat yourself to a new duvet set this christmas?

I am going to when I get a house...it's one thing I have on my def. to do list...treat myself to a really gorgeous, luxurious duvet with embroidery on it perhaps. I saw some lovely sets in BHS this week. Although I would really love a daft cow duvet, I don't know if I would actually buy one!

I totally agree about girls' clothes, they have great colours and designs and are really cheery and fun, as you say, just TOO SMALL! Girly things are great. I love shopping for friends' girls'....little boys clothes can be cute but just not the same!

Posted on

Deb Arkle wrote:That's not a bad idea - do you have a sewing machine Ari? Quilt covers & pillowcases are quite easy to do - I'm sure you could find some fabric online, I'll have a search if I get time later!

I have access to one certainly. it's something I never thought about.......until now! :thumb:

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:I do buy kids clothes for myself actually - Gap boys stuff is good, especially the winter things - outdoor jackets and warm fleecy trousers etc - a nd of course theres no VAT on kids clothes so it s really good value

I didn't know that!

awww.......

Image[/quote]

Gosh...I remember Butterick from when I was wee and my Mum was a dressmaker! My Grandma used to pronounce patterns "pottrins". Every time I see matching mother and daughter outfits it reminds me of the film Mommie Dearest ... about Joan Crawford. :rofl:

Posted on

This is very you Ari:
http://www.kidsfabrics.com/index.php?ma ... ts_id=3425

They will ship to the UK, and they will send a half metre sample if you want; I haven't checked the price of delivery, as dinner's nearly ready! I'll do some more searching later - there must be someone in the UK.

Found one, it's more expensive fabric though:
http://www.myfabrics.co.uk/Fabrics/Appa ... =238&p=238

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Bloody hell, check out this waistcoat!

You can also get a cabbages one! :eek:

Posted on

Deb Arkle wrote:This is very you Ari:

It never occurred to me to search for cow fabrics, probably because I can't sew...but I know some people who can! Thanks so much debs!

Posted on

ariane wrote:

It never occurred to me to search for cow fabrics, probably because I can't sew...but I know some people who can! Thanks so much debs!

No prob - actually it was Furbs' idea originally! I'll let you know if I see any more. That waiscoat is to die for, I love it! :D

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Okay, I just found out that the cow bedding I started off with here IS available for adult beds......but only if you live in the US! They've even got a special offer selling the single duvet set for £22....Ah well, never mind. I'll get over it. :D

Posted on

ariane wrote:Okay, I just found out that the cow bedding I started off with here IS available for adult beds......but only if you live in the US! They've even got a special offer selling the single duvet set for £22....Ah well, never mind. I'll get over it. :D

It might be worth emailing them - ask if they'll ship here! It's worth asking the question.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Deb Arkle wrote:
ariane wrote:

No prob - actually it was Furbs' idea originally! I'll let you know if I see any more. That waiscoat is to die for, I love it! :D

I always wanted one of the amazing cat waistcoats Freddie Mercury used to wear. I like colourful waistcoats, although cabbages and bananas are a wee bit too colourful for me!

Posted on

I remember when I bought bedding for my children from **** SPAM!!! ***** . How happy they were after seeing their favorite cartoon characters in their bedrooms. They have wide range of children bedding and accessories which can makes your child's sleep more peaceful. I recommend every one must check their site.

Return to Lifestyle