Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Extreme Ironing - a danger sport

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

hmmm...ironing.

I have a No Ironing philosophy.

I don't do it. Life is too short for such activities as weeding the garden, washing the car...and ironing.

Body heat is a great decreaser - after an hour or two, the creases are mostly gone. if its really looking desperate I'll hang something up in a steamy bathroom, or stick it in the tumble drier for ten minutes ( but that options not available right now because the drier is broken)

I don't buy clothes that look like they might need ironed after washing. Yes, we do look a bit crumpled and dishevelled, but thats a small price for all those saved ironing hours! :thumb:

However, this does look rather fun...
the Extreme Ironing Bureau
http://www.extremeironing.com/

the latest danger sport that combines the thrills of an extreme outdoor activity with the satisfaction of a well pressed shirt.

( although I would take issue with the satisfaction factor of an ironed shirt)

anybody got any extreme housework hobbies?

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Hmmm, looks really worthwhile!

I'll have to admit to ironing a pair of trousers occasionally. If I'm doing that then I might do a cotton shirt at the same time. But that's a once a year thing - polycotton shirts are a dream, get them out of the machine damp and put them on hangers immediately - looking good! :cool1:

I'm an extreme housework avoider usually, I really must vacuum the hall, stairs and lounge soon - but I've being finding better things to do for months. :eek4:

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

hee hee - yes it looks like its really gonna work!

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Return to Lifestyle