Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

If you were to emigrate, where to?

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Lord Snarebottom wrote:
LordNibbler wrote:Regarding new-world countries like the States, Canada, Australia and others, I could never go there unless given a massive financial incentive. The States in particular have given us some amazing things over the last 100 years or so but there are some aspects of their society that make my skin crawl. I could never ever live there excpet under duress.

There seems to be a decidedly negative aspect towards Americans on this board. I personally find it offensive. Sure, I know plenty of things that are wrong with this country, but you don't live here and you don't really know what it is like to live here. Therefore, your antagonism towards us is rather prejudiced. I doubt you know many of us, or maybe *any* of us. So, as far as I am concerned, your "opinion" is just prejudice.

Canada is more neutral. I like the way they look down on the Americans but they need to juice it up a little themselves.

And here it is in it's full glory. You like the way they look down on us. What a wanker.

Ciao. I don't need to waste my time where I'm going to feel unwelcome and insulted every time I visit. You Brits feel free to carry on.

one of the reasons Id be inclined to emigrate is to give my kids better chances than I think they might have here, or different opportunities at least.

Its too late for me really, but I'd like them to be braver in their life choices than I have been.

If I had more get-up-and-go I would have got up and gone before now, but I havent, and i wasnt encouraged to break out by my own conservative ( small c, parents)

However, I m very taken with the idea of a sports scholarship in the states for my eldest son. he is now 13 and plays youth football and although its too early to say what his future holds, his talents could take him on a great adventure to America and "soccer" where I think the world would kind of be his oyster. I would miss him dreadfully, but I think he could have a great life.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Lord Snarebottom wrote:
LordNibbler wrote:Regarding new-world countries like the States, Canada, Australia and others, I could never go there unless given a massive financial incentive. The States in particular have given us some amazing things over the last 100 years or so but there are some aspects of their society that make my skin crawl. I could never ever live there excpet under duress.

There seems to be a decidedly negative aspect towards Americans on this board. I personally find it offensive. Sure, I know plenty of things that are wrong with this country, but you don't live here and you don't really know what it is like to live here. Therefore, your antagonism towards us is rather prejudiced. I doubt you know many of us, or maybe *any* of us. So, as far as I am concerned, your "opinion" is just prejudice.

Canada is more neutral. I like the way they look down on the Americans but they need to juice it up a little themselves.

And here it is in it's full glory. You like the way they look down on us. What a wanker.

Ciao. I don't need to waste my time where I'm going to feel unwelcome and insulted every time I visit. You Brits feel free to carry on.

touchy :groan: :roll: , as are most from across the pond , i don't care ,i worked alongside some americans during the first gulf war, from my experience they were gung ho loudmouthed bores who never got the beers in :)

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:
Lord Snarebottom wrote:

touchy :groan: :roll: , as are most from across the pond , i don't care ,i worked alongside some americans during the first gulf war, from my experience they were gung ho loudmouthed bores who never got the beers in :)

WRONG WRONG WRONG ...wots ..thats awful :( ... :spank: I lived there for three years and have travelled all over the USA a great nation of people on the whole ...kind and decent folk ....

Posted on

i said it was in MY experience annie

I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:i said it was in MY experience annie

I understand that ...but it was a very harsh representation of Americans .. :( and your experience was limited to the Military not real Americans .....they are a different breed

Posted on

Lord Snarebottom wrote:

My views are on aspects of American society and not aimed at any individual or yourself. You have over-reacted in a hyper-sensitive way. If you read my posts elsewhere, you will also see that I am highly critical of the country I live in too but no one seems to have taken offense to those comments. Also your use of the word antagonism is your choice, not mine. I am not antagonistic towards Americans but I am literally scared by certain elements of the framework that defines American society. Additionally, you seem to have ignored the second sentence I wrote in the section you quoted - that can hardly be taken as anti-American. So bearing in mind what you wrote next and assuming you can handle a little bit of sarcasm, I suggest you stick your head in a bucket of cold water and stop taking things personally when they aren't aimed at you.

And here it is in its full glory (notice that it should be its, not it's). I'm not really bothered by you calling me a wanker, at least it gives me the option of calling you what I want if I chose. But just so you know, the reason I like the way the Canadians look down on the Americans is simply because I find it funny. I also find it funny that the Americans like to consider the Canadians as country-yokels who speak oddly!

The only person who thinks they are unwelcome or insulted is yourself. Yes, I'll feel free to carry on but I hope you will too because none of the critical comments I made were aimed at you or anyone else, nor in fact was it anti-American as I am not anti-American but I just want to make sure I avoid the negative aspects of your society that really do make my skin crawl (and all societies have them).

LN

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

LordNibbler wrote:
Lord Snarebottom wrote:And here it is in it's full glory. You like the way they look down on us. What a wanker.

I'm not really bothered by you calling me a wanker,

With that I'll let it go

at least it gives me the option of calling you what I want if I chose.

No it doesn't.

Demolish each others arguments as scathingly as you wish but please let's not descend into calling each other 'wankers' and other such epithets.

:thumb:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

I Always wanted to live in the States having an lovely Aunt and Uncle out there, have visited the states many,many times and what a lovely bunch of people they are, welcomed me and my family into their homes many times , especially down south they are the friendliest bunch of people I've ever met. :thumb: My uncle was a gorgeous lovely southern man . :( :(

Have friends living in Virginia and I absolutely love it there when I visit, (they are both english) but going to the stores etc soooo bloody friendly and its not false either.

Australia sounds nice as well.

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

Hiya babe :squeeze: Being in the armed forces is soo different from actually meeting people *in their own country* wots. I can totally understand your experiences etc.....But they have *rules to go by just like our guys etc... If they are gun ho...maybe its down to their colonel or commando (sp) .......They have rules they are guided by and so do our guys...... I know my uncle years ago in the war ww2 (he hated the poles) yet they were on our side..

Yes it can be a personal experience but and can be awful to everyone.....! Just DONT JUDGE EVERYBODY BY YOUR EXPERIENCE!

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Dolls wrote:

Hiya babe :squeeze: Being in the armed forces is soo different from actually meeting people *in their own country* wots. I can totally understand your experiences etc.....But they have *rules to go by just like our guys etc... If they are gun ho...maybe its down to their colonel or commando (sp) .......They have rules they are guided by and so do our guys...... I know my uncle years ago in the war ww2 (he hated the poles) yet they were on our side..

Yes it can be a personal experience but and can be awful to everyone.....! Just DONT JUDGE EVERYBODY BY YOUR EXPERIENCE!

hi hun :squeeze: i know it was wrong of me to do that ,i have met some civilian americans as well and i think i was slightly biased ,but they did bore me :hyenas:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

maybe its a bit like how we Scots come across as hating the English sometimes.

But its nothing personal against individual English people, infact I kinda quite like them, in small helpings.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:maybe its a bit like how we Scots come across as hating the English sometimes.

But its nothing personal against individual English people, infact I kinda quite like them, in small helpings.

Aww mother earth! As usual :squeeze: You are such a kind person Whirls and we have missed YOU SO MUCH :( :( :( :squeeze:

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Dolls wrote:
Whirliegig wrote:maybe its a bit like how we Scots come across as hating the English sometimes.

Aww mother earth! As usual :squeeze: You are such a kind person Whirls and we have missed YOU SO MUCH :( :( :( :squeeze:

och I do my best. and hey thats what we all do :breaking:

( but thankyou)

MILF

Previous

Return to Lifestyle