Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

anyone else got stupid google playing up?

Terrestrial [Analogue and Freeview] TV, SKY, Cable, ISPs and any other method of supplying your media!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

No Chance wrote::D

No, sudden bouts of food poisoning aren't really what you want in such circumstances. I've had it twice whilst driving; always a hoot. :x

No - it tends to take your mind off the reason why you're there :eek: - happened to me twice too - thankfully I'm not usually susceptible, but it gets everyone sooner or later.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. Ambrose Bierce (1842-1913)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare. The internet has proved that this is not the case...

Grand Master

Posted on

Last time it happened I wasn't far from Doncaster North Services so called in there to use the toilet. They've only got four sodding cubicles. The whole experience was nightmarious. I sent an e-mail of complaint to Moto. They sent a cool letter back too; an actual letter! :eek4:

*digs around in Sent Mail*

Here's my e-mail to them...

As a lorry driver I do visit service stations a lot. Doncaster North, on the whole, is a very pleasant one in general to visit. The staff, whenever I've encountered them, have always been friendly and efficient.

My dislike about Doncaster North has to be the toilets. There are only four (possibly five but definitely no more than this) cubicles in the male convenience area. I had a three minute or so wait for a cubicle this afternoon. Normally I'm a very patient chap and don't mind waiting but I had a ghastly stomach ache and was feeling as if I was about to bring my food back up, which I'd eaten not long before, hence my rather urgent visit to your services.

My dilemma was seemingly caused by what I'd had for dinner as I was fine before and was fine after too. You'll be pleased to hear that my dinner wasn't purchased at your services. At least, I was hoping it was dinner and not the onset of some form of flu, swine or otherwise.

As you can well imagine, with a dreadful stomach ache and imminent vomiting, waiting by the small number of cubicles was indeed my portion of hell on Earth for today.

The toilets at Woolley Edge are totally different: there's a whole bank of the things. If my temporary puking inconvenience had occurred there, I'd have been straight in a cubicle and throwing up within seconds.

One episode of vomitage wasn't enough and I, shortly after leaving the main concourse, needed to be sick again. I was having such a lovely day, as you can plainly see. Anyway, I wasn't prepared to put myself through the Eternal Wait outside the cubicles again so I walked -or rather quickly shuffled- across to the toilet in the BP petrol station across the way. Using the ladies' toilet as the male one seems to have been out of order for a perplexing amount of time.

Just a few more cubicles is all I ask. Or perhaps an ejector button on the outside of each one so that if ever I contract sudden food poisoning again, I can send the current occupant hurtling through the roof of the service station. I'll let you decide which.

Thank you for listening and just to put your minds at rest, I am fully recovered now.

Thank you once again,

NC, the Yorkshire Vomiter.

Still no more cubicles though, the last time I was there. :x

Misanthropic Trucker
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

Did you get a reply. :) or a free toilet?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Yeah, they sent a letter! Through the post! :eek4: Which was nice of them. :cool1: They said they were going to have an overhaul of the services and may be adding more toilets. I should bloody well think so too. Four cubicles is nowhere near enough. I know plenty of other services that have no end of cubicles. The ones in the petrol station are a joke; the male toilet is always out of bounds. :x

Misanthropic Trucker
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

No Chance wrote:
No Chance wrote:
smeggypants wrote:So how do you open multiple pics and leave the original search page open.

Right click ----> Open in new tab. That's what I've always done. I don't like image searches opening in a new tab on their own because sometimes I don't want them to and then it means closing two tabs. There's nowt down for that at all. :x

Or alternatively, just middle-click the image you want. Jab both touchpad buttons at once for lappy users.

Looks like google have fixed it. clicking on an image opens up a new page now!!! :thumb:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Previous

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Media Providers and ISPs