Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Xbox 360 - Keyboard and Mouse support!!

Shoot em up? Adventures? Here we go!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Ok after playing Half-Life a bit on Xbox last night, it's horrible with a regular controller. After googling I found the following product ....

XFPS 360 V3 SNIPER PLUS

Here's a youtube vid of how to use it...

Here's a (rather amateur, but useful) video on how to configure the keys

I'm a heart beat away from getting one. I can't play First Person Shooter with a controller. It's like riding a bike crosshanded.

I'm off to look for suppliers

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

btw - you need to use a wired controller with it in order to set up keys and log on to the game. But they are really cheap on Ebay anyway.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Cool. Just need an x-box haha. Next on my list...x-box and that thing above. :)

I need something that lets me use a snes control pad on my laptop so I can play some old snes games with it, with some a pad is vital.

Bit behind the times aren't I? You wouldn't think I'm 26. :rofl:

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Stanley Tweedle wrote:Cool. Just need an x-box haha. Next on my list...x-box and that thing above. :)

I need something that lets me use a snes control pad on my laptop so I can play some old snes games with it, with some a pad is vital.

Bit behind the times aren't I? You wouldn't think I'm 26. :rofl:

Have you tried googling for an adaptor?

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I bow down to you Smeggy. :) :cheers:

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Google is your friend :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Google is your friend :)

Google should replace the religeous texts of all religeons. :rofl:

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

I don't know why the consoles don't support controlling the games from Keyboard and Mouse anyways I know the PS3 lets you use limited mouse and keyboard for the XMB Bar and its browser but upto now I don't think you can use them to control games.

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

http://www.main.ffafansite.co.uk/

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Memory & Humanity is finally here

Posted on

I hate using joypads for shooters, I'm very tempted to get one of these.

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Well mine is ordered. :thumb: Just looking around for a cheap Wired Controller now. A bit of Ebay bidding in a couple of hours!!

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Just won a wired Xbox 360 controller on Ebay for a tenner. Hopefully wont' be too long before I'm up and running with Keyboard and Mouse X-Box

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I'm going to hold off, the few shooters I've got on the PS3/360 I've also got on the PC so I don't really need one.

Smegster

Posted on

Jim_UK wrote:I'm going to hold off, the few shooters I've got on the PS3/360 I've also got on the PC so I don't really need one.

I'm normally a PC gamer. i never bothered with consoles until Ms Smeggy got into them.

My PC isn't powerful enough to play modern games. Even HL2 lagged. The Xbox is connected via HDMI to a 50" plasma in the living room and the picture quality is stunning. besides, it get's me away from the PC, which is a good break. :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Chucked a quad core in mine the other week, I was suprised how much better it was on those games that don't use all the cores.

Smegster

Posted on

Jim_UK wrote:Chucked a quad core in mine the other week, I was suprised how much better it was on those games that don't use all the cores.

I can't do that. My machine is an older Dual Xeon job. in it's day it was uber-powerful.

I got the XFPS360 and the wired controller delivered today. it seems to work cool, but I need to get a compatible mouse. First mouse didn't work at all, 2nd optical mouse works but is jerky. A trip to PC World :mad: is in order in a minute I think.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Jim_UK wrote:Chucked a quad core in mine the other week, I was suprised how much better it was on those games that don't use all the cores.

I can't do that. My machine is an older Dual Xeon job. in it's day it was uber-powerful.

I got the XFPS360 and the wired controller delivered today. it seems to work cool, but I need to get a compatible mouse. First mouse didn't work at all, 2nd optical mouse works but is jerky. A trip to PC World :mad: is in order in a minute I think.

I wasn't going to bother but I saw one complete with motherboard going cheap so I grabbed it. Off topic.....

Finally got Morrrowind to work properly on Vista, the damn sun had gone all weird.

someone found the problem was with the alpha channel and uploaded a sun without the alpha channel, works fine now.

At least you don't need someone with photoshop skills to make console games work. :mad1:

Smegster

Posted on

OK, I had a good go on the XFPS 360 keyboard and mouse adaptor last night.

It's really easy to set up and thankfully the key assignments are stored on power off.

The keyboard side works perfectly, but the Mouse side is not so perfect. However, rather than being a fault of the unit, this is a caveat of how the sodding Xbox controller's "return to centre" joystick works.

With a PC mouse you move the mouse and the pointer follows at the speed you move the mouse. With the Xbox joystick you move the joystick and the pointer moves at a certain speed until you return the joystick to centre.

This means that you are limited in the speed you can move the pointer using the mouse to control the Xbox pointer. On the PC I'm used to shooting a foe in front of me and immediately spinning round and shooting one directly behind me. This is impossible on the Xbox both with the controller and the keyboard-mouse adaptor.

The adaptor has sensitivity pots for the X and Y axis, and Half Life also has sensitivity settings for the same. I foudn that wacking the Half-Life sensitivity all teh way up and then using the adaptor pots to limit the amount of movement gave the best combination of speed and accuracy

Having said all that Using a keyboard and mouse to control an FPS game like Half-life on the Xbox was a billion times better than using the evil controller!!!

Of course the best solution would be for Microsoft to implement Keyboard and Mouse support on the Xbox. I don't know why they haven't done this to make it more attractive to the PC Gamer market.

But until that happens I would recommend the XFPS 360 Sniper pro Plus.

Tidy!!

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I remember playing Quake3 on the Dreamcast and the keyboard/mouse became a necessity. Anyone using a pad got their arse kicked, maybe that's why they're reluctant to offer proper Keyboard/Mouse support.

Smegster

Posted on

Jim_UK wrote:I remember playing Quake3 on the Dreamcast and the keyboard/mouse became a necessity. Anyone using a pad got their arse kicked, maybe that's why they're reluctant to offer proper Keyboard/Mouse support.

Thing is, microsoft well keyboards and mice. They could surely make a keyboard with some extra Xbox shortcuts keys as a marketing concept

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Next

Return to Gaming