Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Coming Soon

Shoot em up? Adventures? Here we go!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Hey guys I came across this article earlier so thought I would post it, the article says that after years of making 3D Sonic Games Sega are finally making another 2D Side Scrolling Game like Sonic 1, 2 & 3, check it out.

'Sonic The Hedgehog 4' Announced

Sega has revealed the future of Sonic the Hedgehog, and it looks like the speedy blue tornado is returning to his roots after several mediocre releases. "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" is a direct sequel to "Sonic 3" and "Sonic & Knuckles" and will bring the franchise back into 2D. The game will be released episodically, with the first episode coming to PSN, Xbox Live Arcade and WiiWare this summer. A trailer is available on GameSpot.

To editorialize a bit, this is a brilliant move by Sega. As much as people love the classic gameplay of Sonic, there's no way that sort of gameplay could sustain a full $60 release. By putting it out episodically, Sega can charge $10-$15 for each pack and not feel the need to stick in random character filler. Looks like it'll just be Sonic running really, really fast, and that sounds perfect.

Just imagine the sort of insane time trials that'll come out of online leaderboards for a 2D Sonic game. I have a feeling that the online community is going to take to this title in a big, big way.

After reading this I think this is an awesome move by Sega and can't wait for this Game to come out on the PSN Network just hope M$ don't chuck any money Sega's way again for another delayed exclusive.

What do you guys think?

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

http://www.main.ffafansite.co.uk/

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Memory & Humanity is finally here

Posted on

It's nice to see Sonic return back to his 2D roots, but I think the damage has already been done to the Sonic Franchise. So much so, I cannot imagine this will get a huge following - but at least Sonic will go out with a bang rather than a whimper. :)

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Posted on

Loved the original Sonic, will be interesting how this is received.

"Right, here's the plan. First, we go in there and get wrecked, then we eat a pork pie, then we drop a couple of Surmontil-50's each, means we'll miss out on Monday and come up smiling Tuesday morning." Withnail.

Really Hooked!
Current Mood: purrrfect!!

Posted on

kitten wrote:Loved the original Sonic, will be interesting how this is received.

see now you have dragged this up from feb 10th I think you have been sent here to make me want to slash my wrists
Sonic the Hedgehog ...... ;) are you 10 ? :D
the fabric of Smeggys is being destroyed with fluff and nonsense ....are you Mossad ? :rofl:

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
kitten wrote:Loved the original Sonic, will be interesting how this is received.

see now you have dragged this up from feb 10th I think you have been sent here to make me want to slash my wrists
the fabric of Smeggys is being destroyed with fluff and nonsense ....are you Mossad ? :rofl:

WTF is your problem, go make some meaningful post somewhere.
Sorry if I have dragged this up, don't spend 24/7 logged in.
Are you going to stalk me on every post I make.

"Right, here's the plan. First, we go in there and get wrecked, then we eat a pork pie, then we drop a couple of Surmontil-50's each, means we'll miss out on Monday and come up smiling Tuesday morning." Withnail.

Really Hooked!

Posted on

kitten wrote:
annie27 wrote:

WTF is your problem, go make some meaningful post somewhere.
Sorry if I have dragged this up, don't spend 24/7 logged in.
Are you going to stalk me on every post I make.

it was meant in a light hearted manner ...goodness me what a temper ...it was just at the top of the forum ....chill
trust me I never stalk anyone .....I will just ignore your posts ...carry on :confused:

Posted on

Lighthearted to you, just rude to me.
Please do not make assumptions about my personality.

Really Hooked!

Posted on

kitten wrote:Lighthearted to you, just rude to me.
Please do not make assumptions about my personality.

what upset you being 10 ...or being Mossad ? :rofl: joke ! :chin:

Posted on

In the words of Peter Kay "what a knobhead"......joke!!! :dickhead: :wave: :rofl:

Really Hooked!

Posted on

kitten wrote:In the words of Peter Kay "what a knobhead"......joke!!! :dickhead: :wave: :rofl:

get a grip love ....

Posted on

What happened to you ignoring my posts?
Just can't resist can you, awww bless. :squeeze:

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Oh I forgot about this post I can't wait for this game now loved Sonic when I was younger kind of grew up playing Sega Games before I got my Playstation Consoles.

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

Super Smegster

Posted on

Me too, well xbox live in my house now. COD crazy.

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Was tempted by the 360 when I considered upgrading from my PS2 but after the RROD problems I decided to stick with Playstation and got a PS3.

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

Super Smegster

Posted on

RROD twice. First time it was still under warranty. Thankfully second time with some gentle coaxing.........they replaced it.
So far so good, we have two and no probs at all with the newest one.

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Twice ouch can't believe all the problems the 360 has had in its lifetime if Sony or Nintendo had done that with the PS3 or Wii they would have been hauled through the regulators and everything but MS seem to have a knack of getting out of stuff.

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

Super Smegster

Return to Gaming