Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

The Android thread

Talk about your box!! yes... PC's, Mac's and TV's --We can get along!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

This is the thread for all those who own a shitty phone with a shitty OS.

My Android shitty phone has just told me that there's an 808MB software update pending. When the cunt stops updating apps, which it has been doing for about an hour now, should I go for the software update?

I'm half hoping that the fucker gets bricked so my company will give me some cash to buy my own work phone (it's part of our new BYOD - Bring Your Own Device - policy now where you get some cash to buy your own hardware), so I can buy another iPhone for work use.

Anyway, does anyone know what the fuck the software update is that has just come out for Android phones?

I will never be owned.

User avatar
Gusset-Sniffer
Posts: 16698
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:50 am
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: My cock is huuuuuuuge!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

It's likely the update to Android 7.



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 18601
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

It's the Grindr UK database you asked for.

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 16570
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Try making some space in your internal memory by moving your gay porn to your sd card. :D

Gotta say. Pissed off with my android when it updates an app, it first moves it to my internal memory then upgrades. Then when other apps need updating it tells me theres no room. 5Gb used of internal memory out of 8Gb, 3 Gb used by apps I cant move to my SD card like youtube and banking apps and other shite. So i spend ages moving all the apps BACK TO THE PLACE I TOLD IT TO PUT THEM ffs.



Sit on my Facebook!
Posts: 11138
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

No updates pending here even after turning off/on.

Crumbs' 870 page GHB custom declaration perhaps the container ship has unloaded at Southampton. :D

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 16570
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I dont see what all the fuss is about.

My phone leaves all the apps where they are and the updates takes a few seconds.. Literally! It generally wants to update several at a time (around 6-8 usually) and takes less than a minute to update them all.

Its really no hardship.

Blindly believing everything that i dont read in the daily propaganda tabloids


Irritating the humorless since 1973

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9799
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:33 pm
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Mr Squirrel wrote:I dont see what all the fuss is about.

My phone leaves all the apps where they are and the updates takes a few seconds.. Literally! It generally wants to update several at a time (around 6-8 usually) and takes less than a minute to update them all.

Its really no hardship.


Could be my phone. LG 2 years old and shite.



Sit on my Facebook!
Posts: 11138
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Stanley Tweedle wrote:
Mr Squirrel wrote:I dont see what all the fuss is about.

My phone leaves all the apps where they are and the updates takes a few seconds.. Literally! It generally wants to update several at a time (around 6-8 usually) and takes less than a minute to update them all.

Its really no hardship.


Could be my phone. LG 2 years old and shite.


My current phone is an LG G5 (Had it since new year) and my previous one for 3 years was a G3. Both have been absolutely brilliant.

Blindly believing everything that i dont read in the daily propaganda tabloids


Irritating the humorless since 1973

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9799
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:33 pm
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Image



Fine Barman!
Posts: 10599
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Now, surprisingly, my Android work phone seems a bit faster after the update I did last night. I can now click on the email icon and not have to wait up to 10 seconds for my work emails to be displayed. It's down to about 5 seconds now.

I will never be owned.

User avatar
Gusset-Sniffer
Posts: 16698
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:50 am
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: My cock is huuuuuuuge!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

crumbs wrote:Now, surprisingly, my Android work phone seems a bit faster after the update I did last night. I can now click on the email icon and not have to wait up to 10 seconds for my work emails to be displayed. It's down to about 5 seconds now.


What email app you using? It's pretty much instant for me using K9 email.



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 18601
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

The stock one - there's a variety of shite that we have to go through in order to get our email so it's not as simple as changing to another email client. There's a policy push from our company that sets some stuff that we can't change - mostly for security.

I will never be owned.

User avatar
Gusset-Sniffer
Posts: 16698
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:50 am
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: My cock is huuuuuuuge!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Mr Squirrel wrote:
Stanley Tweedle wrote:
Mr Squirrel wrote:I dont see what all the fuss is about.

My phone leaves all the apps where they are and the updates takes a few seconds.. Literally! It generally wants to update several at a time (around 6-8 usually) and takes less than a minute to update them all.

Its really no hardship.


Could be my phone. LG 2 years old and shite.


My current phone is an LG G5 (Had it since new year) and my previous one for 3 years was a G3. Both have been absolutely brilliant.


Mines a g3. I call it shit cos of its small internal memory but thats age related i suppose. Mine moves my apps from ny sd card to my internal mem to update though.



Sit on my Facebook!
Posts: 11138
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Every few days I get a notification about App Optimisation, asking me to do some shite. I just clear the notification. Does anyone know what the faaaaaark it's all about? I'll have to look into it the next time I get it as it mentions battery power.

I will never be owned.

User avatar
Gusset-Sniffer
Posts: 16698
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:50 am
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: My cock is huuuuuuuge!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

crumbs wrote:Every few days I get a notification about App Optimisation, asking me to do some shite. I just clear the notification. Does anyone know what the faaaaaark it's all about? I'll have to look into it the next time I get it as it mentions battery power.


Kills apps that you don't use often that run in the background. You can make exceptions if you don't want certain apps killing.



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 18601
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

'Judy' malware on Android:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 62766.html

Security researchers have discovered Android malware that may have infected up to 36.5 million users.

Dubbed ‘Judy’, the malware was found on over 40 apps, many of which were available to download from Google Play for “several years”.

CheckPoint, which spotted the malware, has described it as “possibly the largest malware campaign” found on the Play Store.

I will never be owned.

User avatar
Gusset-Sniffer
Posts: 16698
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:50 am
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: My cock is huuuuuuuge!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Will a dose of PrEP allow users to continue their lifestyle choice with gay abandon ?

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 16570
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

It'd be safer to enclose their phones in a condom before shoving it up their arses.

I will never be owned.

User avatar
Gusset-Sniffer
Posts: 16698
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:50 am
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: My cock is huuuuuuuge!


Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Computers and Software

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests