Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Zeitgeist: Addendum - How the Money Supply works

The Establishment, Governance, Politics

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Excellent - Draws upon the Federal Reserve's own manual "Modern Money Mechanics" to explain how the money supply works and what's wrong with it.

And further it goes on to describe the worldwide ill effects of this profit driven society and how corruption is used for profit.

Half of the film is actually positive in that it offers solutions.

Very on topic in the current financial crisis.highly recommended.

Oh, and there's no conspiracy theories. Can't be bad eh?
:)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Amazing...

Another person who criticises the film without even watching it.

A thread started about the film ...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=909418

Allafix says in the 4th post ...

This kind of film tells you not to believe mainstream information, but then expects you to simply believe all that it says. Things aren't true just because a film maker says they are. It is usual for conspiracy theory videos to claim things are true which aren't, hoping the viewer will simply accept the "facts" presented without question.

Documentaries should come to the point in the first few minutes, arresting the viewers attention, then supply background detail and properly verifiable material. The first few minutes of this are arty-farty bilge. I suppose the idea is to make a visually impressive film to con the viewer into thinking the content is impressive too.

These ideas are nothing new. In the sixties hippies thought you could drop out of society in the same way. If it was such a good idea many more people would have done it. The truth was that only those who could afford it could drop out.

He clearly has no idea what the film is about and writes it off without even watching it. He just assumes it's a conspiracy video. And it's nothing to do with people dropping out of society.

This poster is well known for this kind of behaviour though. It's almost worth signing up to DS again simply to discredit him.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Does have to be said though, the film is unnecessary stylised.

Posted on

Bowker's cat wrote:Does have to be said though, the film is unnecessary stylised.

I wouldn't argue with that. My beef is with those who criticise the whole film when it's obvious they have only watched the first minute or two of arty introduction. :)

The problem seems to be a negative version Appeal to Authority. Anything these people see as Conspiracy Theory they automatically discredit. This film could say the Earth revolved around the Sun and they would dismiss it.

How on earth could anyone say.... "These ideas are nothing new. In the sixties hippies thought you could drop out of society in the same way." after watching Zeitgeist: The Addendum

The film is absolutely NOTHING to do with dropping out of society. Very bizarre.

It's very worrying that some people have such a closed mind.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I highly recommend this also.
The idea of a world without money is something to be explored further. It's crazy how the majority of the population are living in poverty, then we have people who are so wealthy they couldn't spend all their money if their life depended on it.
I hate the term 'conspiracy theory', so many people dismiss the facts in a 'cut off the nose to spite the face' kind of way.

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Stanley Tweedle wrote:I highly recommend this also.
The idea of a world without money is something to be explored further. It's crazy how the majority of the population are living in poverty, then we have people who are so wealthy they couldn't spend all their money if their life depended on it.
I hate the term 'conspiracy theory', so many people dismiss the facts in a 'cut off the nose to spite the face' kind of way.

Absolutely!!!

Many have written the Venus Project off as some kind of Utopian crazyness. And suddenly launching to a world without money is unfeasible. But the current system of Profits over people isn't working

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Haven't seen this yet.

The Zeitgeist Movement: Orientation Presentation by Peter Joseph, 2009 This the Activist Orientation Presentation for The Zeitgeist Movement. This video can be download for free in full DVD format here: http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Here's how it works in America.

The Money Masters.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... qAKQtJmzBA

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

Rebelitarian wrote:Here's how it works in America.

The Money Masters.

Excellent documentary (I've embedded it for you :) ) for anyone starting to question both the 2008 financial crisis and 'how money works' in general.

The newer documentary by the same people is very good as well:

SECRETS OF OZ

"TONGUE-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I"

Haunting Beauty
Current Mood: Spine chillingly spooky

Posted on

I just want to say that I've always been a supporter of the Zeitgeist movement. I do not believe everything that has been said, but many of my questions have been answered by this series. I still remember ordering the first DVD when it came out. It would be fascinating when (if?) the world shifts its gears from making money to expanding our species out to the stars.

On a roll!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: Paranoid!

Posted on

Opethian wrote:I just want to say that I've always been a supporter of the Zeitgeist movement. I do not believe everything that has been said, but many of my questions have been answered by this series. I still remember ordering the first DVD when it came out. It would be fascinating when (if?) the world shifts its gears from making money to expanding our species out to the stars.

The stuff about Jesus being modelled on Horus is pretty interesting. I've been looking into how Christianity was modelled on Sun worship and I'm now listening to the William Cooper who has a whole radio series based upon this and more. The Zeitgeist films just touch the tip of the iceberg really, but are excellent none the less

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Opethian wrote:I just want to say that I've always been a supporter of the Zeitgeist movement. I do not believe everything that has been said, but many of my questions have been answered by this series. I still remember ordering the first DVD when it came out. It would be fascinating when (if?) the world shifts its gears from making money to expanding our species out to the stars.

Ironically the object behind the figure in your avatar is a clutch

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Damn. I thought it was a portal to another world :(

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Both may actually be true, but this is the sauce (source, advisory video has nudity and graphic scenes):

For the uninitiated, they are the Norwegian Black Metal band Dimmu Borgir. I like how they used a real orchestra in this album (and for all the next ones).

On a roll!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: Paranoid!

Posted on

Opethian wrote:Both may actually be true, but this is the sauce (source, advisory video has nudity and graphic scenes):

For the uninitiated, they are the Norwegian Black Metal band Dimmu Borgir. I like how they used a real orchestra in this album (and for all the next ones).

Presses play immediately!! :rofl:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Noty enoguh nudity ;)

They should use this at the opening of the 2012 Olympic games :) ( and it's definitwely a clutch :) )

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Way OT

Paul, who is that in your avatar? Is that your dad or something? kinda looks like David Viven

not so nooby

Share this Topic on Twitter and Facebook:

Return to Politics