Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

The lies of the mainstream media!!

The Establishment, Governance, Politics

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

ghostgirl wrote:...And by the way did anyone try clicking on the Blue link marked 'ANALYSIS' just below the title of the article? LOL!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14572054

Missed that ..... :rofl:

The starting point for 9/11 conspiracies is that many people find it hard to believe 19 young men, armed with just knives and box-cutters, could casually walk through airport security, hijack four commercial planes and then within the space of 77 minutes destroy three of the iconic symbols of America's power, in the face of the world's most powerful and technologically-advanced military superpower.

How they thought that anyone would believe this as fact is beyond me ......
:D

Inactive member
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Chemtrailed

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
They simply showed the wrong footage

:doh: now why didnt I think of that ???

For two reasons: firstly, it doesn't suit your BBC-bashing agenda and secondly, because it's true.

smeggypants wrote:Images of a huge crowd of people celebrating associated with Libya enters mind of average viewer. In my experience most people haven't much of a clue about geography. Job done

As much as the BBC aren't averse to showing misleading footage from time to time, why the hell would they deliberately show footage from a totally different continent with a completely different race of people waving blatantly different flags when they had enough of their own correct footage of crowds celebrating in Green Square?

FFS.This place becomes an asylum of paranoiacs at times. Before you start reaching for your dictionaries, this is the definition I have in mind:

Extreme, irrational distrust of others.

The BBC can't even fuck up without it being a part of a brainwashing exercise. :rofl:

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

when they had enough of their own correct footage of crowds celebrating in Green Square?

Would that be in the real or fake green square ?????? :rofl:

Inactive member
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Chemtrailed

Posted on

Salazar wrote:
FFS.This place becomes an asylum of paranoiacs at times. Before you start reaching for your dictionaries, this is the definition I have in mind:

The BBC can't even fuck up without it being a part of a brainwashing exercise. :rofl:

paranoia: A mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution.

Of which I don't suffer from. but lets go with your definition for e moment ...

It falls down straight away becuase the 'irrationality' aspect. My distrust of the BBC is not irrational, on the contrary it's based upon a solid rationale of the history of the BBC as a propaganda machine and it's history of lying and selective reporting, and general bias.

It's the Boy who cried wolf syndrome. The one time he tells the truth, no one believes him. :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:but lets go with your definition for e moment ...

It falls down straight away becuase the 'irrationality' aspect. My distrust of the BBC is not irrational, on the contrary it's based upon a solid rationale of the history of the BBC as a propaganda machine and it's history of lying and selective reporting, and general bias.

Being distrustful, sceptical or suspicious of the media is not in itself irrational. In fact, what constitutes irrationality is highly subjective but you tick most of the boxes for me in this thread. You cannot bring yourself to contemplate that some film editor at the BBC broadcast the completely wrong footage - Indian footage complete with national flags no less - which was immediately declared, and instead seem convinced that it was all a ruse to fool the 'average viewer'.

The BBC had been broadcasting footage for two days beforehand of 'celebrations' in Green Square and had absolutely no need to show faked footage that would be immediately rumbled and force an embarrassing apology. If you're going to criticise the BBC for the various misdemeanours you accuse them of then you have no shortage of genuine material but let's keep it sensible and recognise a fuck up when it is a fuck up.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

If it was any other organisation I'd probably just write it off as a fuck up. but the BBC has a reputation of such terribly executed propaganda I have all the rationale for thinking this wasn't a fuck up at all.

As an example: Pictures of the impact site show the tail fin and wings of a 757 didn't enter the pentagon on 911. Now disregarding the issue of where these parts of the alleged plane went, the BBC broadcast a program using a computer animation by Purdue University that shows the wings and tailfin shearing straight through the exterior walls of the pentagon and being egg-sliced by the vertical concrete columns of the building. The pictures show this wasn't the case.

Even a schoolboy journalist wannabe wouldn't have fucked this up. The BBC did. I claim that it wasn't a fuck up but a deliberate case of propaganda resting on the premise that most people wouldn't bother to check and those that did, like myself would be ignored by the MSM public forum.

Was the BBC's usage of a pro-Georgia PR company to provide it with "news" abut the Georgian attack on South Ossetia also a fuck up? They admitted using the PR company ( based in Holland IIRC ) after the fact, but then after the fact means the indoctrination has already been done. Most watching the 6 oclock news, or the mainstream breakfast news ( where the Indian flag protest was shown ) won't b watching the small print programs where the 'admissions' are aired. job done.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Are we really talking about "lies" here? My view of the word "lie" is "a knowing deception"... do the
mass media really know these things are not factual? (assuming of course they actually aren't factual, which is
another discussion). I think it's more a matter of several things:

>media in general don't do the thorough investigative work that needs to be done

>there's a "me too" mentality in the media -- we've all seen the montages of the exact
same catchphrase being uttered by various diverse and even competing outlets... I don't know if this is
an aspect of capitalistic competition -- must keep up with the competition's rhetoric --
or just plain mental laziness

>I've come to believe that any society needs a certain amount of myth in order to
function and persist... many of the half-truths and untruths that threads like these
attempt to uncover may just be the things we tell ourselves in order for us to be able
to live with ourselves... entire institutions would be destroyed if the whole truth were
allowed to reign

>sometimes "truth" really is a matter of perspective. The other night I watched an old
"Firing Line" debate between rival intellectuals Wm F Buckley and Noam Chomsky from
the early 70's... the two had completely contrary takes on the meaning of the Viet
Nam War... and in some ways, both of them were right. Their respective ideologies
forced them to view the same set of facts from different angles, and they then arrived
at much different conclusions

not so nooby

Posted on

There's many subjects, generally the Establishments pets such as Israel and the War On Islam where the Media, if not directly told what not to broadcast, is simply too scared to question these subjects for feat of being ostracised and closed down.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Just to reply to this one at the moment as I'm getting tired here ....

dougal wrote:
>I've come to believe that any society needs a certain amount of myth in order to
function and persist... many of the half-truths and untruths that threads like these
attempt to uncover may just be the things we tell ourselves in order for us to be able
to live with ourselves... entire institutions would be destroyed if the whole truth were
allowed to reign

I would say that the current Elite pyramid of power certainly needs to base the public forum on lies and propaganda, as yup their institution would collapse like a house of cards if the truth was publicised and accepted by the masses.

if the truth were allowed to reighn these rancid institutions would collapse and be replaced with morally good institutions. institutions that served the people rather than the few.

The we are the 99% occupy protests that have emerged this year are an important symptom of the 99% actually starting to become aware of how they've been lied to. It's important to remember the public have been lied to for a hundred years or more. The Internet comes along and destroys the monopoly the Elite have on mass information distribution, but you can't change the mindset of the public overnight, it was always going to take sometime before the masses would shed their autonomous belief in the mainstream media and their refusal to believe anything was important if the MSM didn't cover it. Things are changing. the extremely badly photoshopped picture published in the Evening standard fabricating a huge crowd and fabricating Iraqi Jubilation following the Zionist invasion simply wouldn't fly today, yet in 2003 they had the cheek to get away with such nonsense.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

About the Western lies on Libya and the media complicity in those lies!! It's in English with arabic subtitles

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

The problem is that most people in this country aren't able to think for themselves and would rather let the Rupert Murdoch or the Zionist Broadcasting Corporation do their thinking for them.

It's funny how the masses have developed a mob mentality and how the government and the MSM have made it a badge of honour to send the sons of other people to their deaths in foreign lands. They've made it something to be proud of when anyone with an ounce of intelligence would know that they are being manipulated.

Voltaire: "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise."

Gusset-Sniffer
Current Mood: Sniffing gussets

Posted on

Unbelievable amount of lies and propaganda from Andrew Marr

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I've feel like throwing up. But it is interesting to see how the Zionist Broadcasting Corporation became the mouthpiece for Tony Blair and almost idolised the vile war criminal.

Voltaire: "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise."

Gusset-Sniffer

Posted on

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Both just happen to be Daily Mail articles. LOL.

The Daily Mail: breeding our very own Breivik. Daily.

Gusset-Sniffer

Posted on

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Even more Osama Bin Laden propaganda planted in the Media ( BBC state propaganda channel this time )

Osama Bin Laden: The night he came for dinner

Stop patronising us you morons!!!

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

PreviousNext

Share this Topic on Twitter and Facebook:

Return to Politics