Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Freemasonic Rituals - The third Degree (part 2)

All things NWO, Ruling Elite, Illuminati, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Entire Ritual of the Master Mason (third) Degree of Freemasonry (PART 2)
(Continued from Master Mason Degree PART 1)

SOLILOQUY:
R #3(Jubelum): At last, the awful deed is done; here, cold and mute, wrapped in the icy cloak of death, the Master sleeps. No more the pageantry of pomp and power. No more the Craftsmen hastening to perform his deep design. No more the Temple rising proudly on its hill and beckoning Heaven itself to smile upon its stately columns. No more shall he these high ambitions gratify.
Oh Death, untimely, yet Oh timely Death. Wrested from earth while yet his honors clustered; before the breath of calumny had stained, or slander marred the worth of his achievements, he is fallen; yielding up his life ere he would betray his sacred trust; surrendering all - all that life holds dear - power, wealth, everything - yet holding fast to his Masonic faith.
Oh, daring loyalty; Oh, fortitude most grand. For him in coming time shall countless thousands sound his name and sing his praise, who death preferred, than faithless prove, than trust betray.
Yet, kept so well, his secret stands revealed and in his death I read it thus: Truth - Honor - Fortitude.
But hark. The temple bell rings out the midnight hour. Come now, my comrades, let us haste away and bear with us, where-ere we go, the heavy burden of remorse.
R #!: This is the hour.
R #2: This is the place.
R #3: And here is the body. Assist me to carry it in a due west course from the Temple to the brow of a hill, where I have dug a grave six feet deep east and west and six feet perpendicular, in which we will bury it.
R #3: I will set this sprig of acacia at the head of the grave, that the place may be known should occasion every require it. Now, let us make our escape by way of Joppa, out of the country.
R #3: Yonder is a sea-faring man. Let us accost him.
R #3: Is that your ship there?
S-f: It is.
R #3: Where are you bound?
S-f: To Ethiopia.
R #3: When do you sail?
S-f: Immediately.
R #3: Do you take passengers?
S-f: I do.
R #3: Will you take us?
S-f: I will, if you have King Solomon's permit to leave the country.
R #3: We will pay your demands, but we have no permits.
S-f: Then you can not go, for I am strictly forbidden to take any of the workmen from the Temple out of the country without King Solomon's permit.
R #3: Then let us return back into the country.
KS: *. Brother Senior Grand Warden, what is the confusion in the Temple, and why are the Craftsmen not at their labors as usual?
SW: (S) Our Grand Master Hiram Abif is missing and there are no designs on the trestle-board
KS: That is very strange. He has ever been punctual and faithful to his trust. He must be indisposed. Order strict search to be made for him throughout the several apartments of the Temple, and see if he can be found.
SW: Craftsmen; you will make strict search throughout the several apartments of the Temple and see if our Grand Master Hiram Abif can be found
(Fellow Crafts go around the room, asking, "Have you see anything of our Grand Master Hiram Abif?", to which some of the Brethren respond with, "No, I have not seen him since high twelve yesterday.")
FC#1: Brother Senior Grand Warden, strict search has been made, but our Grand Master Hiram Abif can not be found. He has not been seen since high twelve yesterday.
SW: (S) Your orders have been obeyed, Most Excellent King Solomon. Strict search has been made throughout the several apartments of the Temple, but our Grand Master Hiram Abif can not be found. He has not been seen since high twelve yesterday.
WM: I fear some fateful act has befallen him.
FC#1: * * *. Twelve Fellow Crafts, clothed in white gloves and aprons, crave audience with Most Excellent King Solomon.
WM: Admit them.
FC#1: (S) Most Excellent King Solomon, we twelve who appear before you are clothed in white gloves and aprons in token of our innocence. We twelve, with three others, seeing the Temple about to be completed, and being desirous of obtaining the secrets of a Master Mason, whereby we could travel in foreign countries and receive wages as such, entered into the horrid conspiracy of extorting them from our Grand Master Hiram Abif, or taking his life; but, reflecting on the atrocity of our intentions, being stricken with horror, we twelve recanted, but we fear the other three have persisted in their murderous design. We twelve have come before you to confess our premeditated guilt, and implore your pardon.
WM: Brother Grand Secretary, call the roll of the workmen.
(The roll of the workmen is called)
Secy: (S) Most Excellent King Solomon, the roll of the workmen has been called and Jubela, Jubelo and Jubelum are found missing.
WM: Craftsmen, are they the three who were aligned with you in this horrid conspiracy?
FC#1: (S) They are the three, Most Excellent King Solomon.
WM: It is my order that you divide yourselves into parts of three, and three travel east, three west, three north, and three south in pursuit of the ruffians.
FC#1: Let us go east.
FC#2: We will go north.
FC#3: We will go south.
FC#1: And we, west.
FC#1: Yonder is a way-faring man. Let us accost him.
FC#1: Have you seen any strangers pass this way?
W-f: I saw some yesterday, three, who from their appearance were workmen from the Temple.
FC#1: Where were they going?
W-f: They were seeking a passage to Ethiopia.
FC#1: Did they obtain one?
W-f: They did not.
FC#1: Where did they go?
W-f: They returned back into the country.
FC#1: This is important. Let us return and report it to King Solomon.
FC#1: (S) Tidings from the west, Most Excellent King Solomon.
WM: Report them.
FC#1: We three who pursued a due west course from the Temple, went until we met with a way-faring man, of whom we inquired if he had seen any strangers pass that way, who informed us that he had, three, who from their appearance were workmen from the Temple, seeking a passage to Ethiopia, but not having obtained one they returned back into the country. Deeming this of great importance, we have returned to bring this intelligence to you.
WM: Your intelligence proves but one thing to my mind, that the ruffians are still in the country and within our power. You will divide yourselves as before, and travel as before. I now give you positive injunction to find the criminals, and as positive assurance that if you do not, you will be deemed the murderers, and shall suffer for their enormous crime.
FC#2: I am weary and worn out and must sit down to rest and refresh myself.
FC#1: Don't stop here. Remember, that if we do not find the criminals, we will be deemed the murderers and shall suffer for their enormous crime.
FC#2: Alas, this is the reward of evil companionship. Had I but heeded the lessons taught me as a Fellow Craft, I would now be among the workmen of the Temple, honored and respected; as it is, I am an outcast.Hail, Brothers. This is singular, on rising up I accidentally caught hold of this sprig of acacia, and it easily gave way.
FC#1: That is singular.
R #1: O, that my throat had been cut across -----,
FC#1: Hark, what is that?
R #1: -------, my tongue torn out, and with my body buried in the sands of the sea at low-water mark, where the tide ebbs and flows twice in twenty-four hours, ere I have been accessory to the death of so great and good a man as our Grand Master Hiram Abif.
FC#3: That is the voice of Jubela.
R #2: O, that my left breast had been torn open, my heart and vitals taken thence, and with my body given as a prey to the vultures of the air, ere I have been accessory to the death of so great and good a man as our Grand Master Hiram Abif.
FC#2: That is the voice of Jubelo.
R #3: It was I who gave the fatal blow; it was I who killed him. O, that my body had been severed in twain, my bowels taken thence, and with my body burned to ashes, and the ashes thereof scattered to the four winds of Heaven, ere I have been guilty of the death of so great and good a man as our Grand Master Hiram Abif.
FC #1 I know that voice; that is the voice of Jubelum.
FC#3: What shall we do? They are the murderers of whom we are in search.
FC#2: They are desperate men. It would be a serious undertaking to capture them.
FC#1: There are but three of them, and there are three of us. Our cause is just, and our trust is in God. Let us rush in, seize, bound, and take them before King Solomon.
FC#1: (S) Tidings from the west, Most Excellent King Solomon.
FC#1: As we three who pursued a due west course from the Temple were returning, one of our number becoming more weary than the rest, sat down at the brow of a hill to rest and refresh himself, and on rising up he accidentally caught hold of a sprig of acacia, which easily gave way, exciting his curiosity; and while we were meditating over the singularity of the occasion, we heard three frightful exclamations from the clefts of the adjacent rocks.The first was the voice of Jubela, exclaiming, "O, that my throat had been cut across, my tongue torn out, and with my body buried in the sands of the sea, at low-water mark, where the tide ebbs and flows twice in twenty-four hours, ere I have been accessory to the death of so great and good a man as our Grand Master Hiram Abif."The second was the voice of Jubelo, exclaiming, "O, that my left breast had been torn open, my heart and vitals taken thence, and with my body given as a prey to the vultures of the air, ere I have been guilty of the death of so great and good a man as our Grand Master Hiram Abif.The third was the voice of Jubelum, exclaiming more horribly than the rest, "It was I who gave the fatal blow, it was I who killed him. O, that my body had been severed in twain, my bowels taken thence, and with my body burned to ashes, and the ashes thereof scattered to the four winds of Heaven, ere I have been guilty of the death of so great and good a man as our Grand Master Hiram Abif." Upon which we rushed in, seized, bound, and have brought them before you.
WM: Jubela, are you guilty of this horrid deed?
R #1: I am guilty, Most Excellent King Solomon.
WM: Jubelo, are you also guilty?
R #2: I am more guilty, Most Excellent King Solomon.
WM: Jubelum, are you likewise guilty?
R #3: I am most guilty, Most Excellent King Solomon; I am more guilty than the rest. It was I who gave the fatal blow, it was I who killed him.
WM: Then you shall die, impious wretches, to conspire against the life of so great and good a man as your Grand Master Hiram Abif. Take them without the gates of the city and execute them according to their several imprecations in the clefts of the rocks.
FC#1: (S) Most Excellent King Solomon, your orders have been obeyed. The murderers have been put to death according to their several imprecations in the clefts of the rocks.
WM: It is well. Go now, you Fellow Crafts, in search of the body of your Grand Master Hiram Abif, and if found, observe whether the Master's Word, or a key to it, is on or about it.
FC#1: Here is the place where our worthy Brother sat down to rest and refresh himself. Here is the appearance of a newly made grave. Let us open it. Here is a body, but in such a mangled and putrid condition that it cannot be recognized. What a deathly effluvium arises from it. The Master's Word, or a key to it, can not be found on or about it. Here is a Jewel. Let us remove it and carry it to King Solomon.
FC#1: (S) Tidings, Most Excellent King Solomon.
FC#1: We traveled a due west course from the Temple to the brow of the hill where our worthy Brother sat down to rest and refresh himself. We found the appearance of a newly made grave; we opened it and discovered a body, but in such a mangled and putrid condition that it could not be recognized; and we found our hands involuntarily placed in this position to guard against the deathly effluvium that arose from it. The Master's Word, or a key to it, could not be found on or about it; however, we found this Jewel, which we have brought up for your inspection.
WM: Brother Senior Grand Warden, this is indeed the Jewel of our Grand Master Hiram Abif. No doubt can now remain as to his lamentable fate. Craftsmen, the pardon you sought I now grant you, in token of my appreciation of your efforts to detect the murderers and to deliver the body of your Grand Master Hiram Abif.
WM: Brother Senior Grand Warden, you will form the Craft in Grand Procession to go with me, to endeavor to raise the body of our Grand Master Hiram Abif for more decent interment; and as the Master's Word is now lost, it is my order that the first sign given at the grave, and the first word spoken after the body is raised, shall be adopted for the regulation of all Masters Lodges, until future ages shall find out the right.
SW: * * *. Craftsmen, form in Grand Procession to repair with me to the grave, to endeavor to raise the body of our Grand Master Hiram Abif for more decent interment.
SD: Brethren; form in Grand Procession on the north side of the Lodge, double file, facing the East.

DIRGE:
(Sung by all, while in Grand Procession):
Solemn strikes the funeral chime,
Notes of our departing time;
As we journey here below,
Through a pilgrimage of woe.
Mortals now indulge a tear,
For mortality is here.
See how wide her trophies wave
O'er the slumbers of the grave.
Here another guest we bring.
Seraphs of celestial wing,
To our funeral altar come:
Waft this friend and brother home.
There, enlarged, thy soul shall see
What was veiled in mystery;
Heavenly glories of the place
Show his Maker, face to face.
Lord of all, below - above
Fill our hearts with truth and love.
When dissolves our earthly tie,
Take us to thy Lodge on High.
WM: Here then lie the remains of your Grand Master Hiram Abif. Stricken down in the performance of duty, a martyr to his faith. He was bourne to this lonely spot by unhallowed hands at a midnight hour, upon the hope that the eye of man would never more behold him, or the hand of justice be laid upon his guilty murderers. Vain hope. Here lies the body of your Grand Master Hiram Abif. His work was not done, yet his column is broken. His death was untimely and his Brethren mourn. The honors so justly his due have not been paid him. His body shall be raised; shall be honored; shall be borne back to the Temple for more decent interment; and a monument shall be erected to commemorate his labors, his fidelity and his untimely death.
WM: Brother Senior Grand Warden, apply to the body the grip of an Entered Apprentice, and endeavor to raise it.
SW: Most Excellent King Solomon, owing to the high state of putrefaction, the body having been dead fifteen days, the skin slips from the flesh and it can not be so raised.
(All raise their arms toward Heaven, their arms forming a square, and lowering them by three movements, to their sides.): Oh Lord, my God, is there no help for the Widow's Son?
WM: Brother Senior Grand Warden, you have a stronger grip; that of a Fellow Craft. Apply that to the body and endeavor to raise it.
SW: Most Excellent King Solomon, owing to the reason before given, the flesh cleaves from the bones, and the body can not be so raised.
(All, in unison, as above, only this time, it is done twice): Oh Lord, my God, is there no help for the Widow's Son? (Again, with arms raised): Oh Lord, my God, is there no help for the Widow's Son?
WM: Brother Senior Grand Warden, our attempts are vain. What shall we do?
SW: Let us pray.
Chap: Thou, O God. Knowest our down sitting and our uprising, and understandest our thoughts afar off. Shield and defend us from the evil intentions of our enemies, and support us under the trials and afflictions we are destined to endure while traveling through this vale of tears. Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble. He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down; he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not. Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months is with Thee: Thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass. Turn from him that he may rest till he shall accomplish his day. For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. But man dieth and wasteth away; yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he? As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up, so man lieth down and riseth not till the Heavens be no more. Yet, O Lord, have compassion on the children of Thy creation; administer them comfort in time of trouble, and save them with an everlasting salvation. AMEN.
(ALL): So mote it be.
WM: Brother Senior Grand Warden, your counsel was timely and good. Masons should ever remember that when the strength and wisdom of man fails, there is an inexhaustible supply above, yielded to us through the power of prayer. My mind is now clear, and the body shall be raised.
Craftsmen, you have labored upon the Temple more than six years, honestly toiling, encouraged and buoyed up by the promise that when the Temple was completed, those of you who were found worthy should receive the secrets of a Master Mason. The Master's Word is lost in the death of your Grand Master Hiram Abif, but I will substitute a word which shall be adopted for the regulation of all Master's Lodges, until future ages shall find out the right; and the first word I utter after the body is raised shall be such substitute word. Yea, my Brethren, I have a Word; and though the skin may slip from the flesh, and the flesh cleaves from the bones, there is strength in the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, and he shall prevail.
(The Worshipful Master now reaches down and grasps the candidate's right hand with the real grip of a Master Mason, and as he raises the candidate up, it is done on the Five Point of Fellowship. The WM then whispers the substitute Word into the candidate's ear):
WM: Ma - Ha - Bone.
WM: My Brother, the word you have just received is a Hebrew word, and signifies, "What! The Builder?", and alludes to a particular tie in your Obligation wherein you swore that you would never give the substitute for the Master's Word in any other way or manner than that in which you would receive it, which would be on the Five Points of Fellowship and at low breath. The Five Points of Fellowship are: foot to foot; knee to knee; breast to breast; hand to back; and cheek to cheek or mouth to ear. And teach us these important lessons: Foot to foot, that we should be ever ready to go on foot, even barefoot, on a worthy Master Mason's errand, should his necessities require it, and we be no better provided. Knee to knee, that we should ever remember our Brethren in our devotions to Deity. Breast to breast, that the secrets of a worthy Brother Master Mason, when communicated to us as such, should be as secure and inviolate in our breasts as they were in his before communication. Hand to back, that we should be ever ready to stretch forth a hand to support a falling Brother, and aid him on all lawful occasions. Cheek to cheek, or mouth to ear, that we should be ever ready to whisper wise counsel in the ear of an erring Brother, and warn him of approaching danger.
My Brother, I will now instruct you as to the manner of arriving at the real grip and word of a Master Mason. As you are uninstructed, he who has hitherto answered for you will do so at this time. Give me the pass-grip of a Master Mason.
WM: Brother Senior Deacon.
SD: Worshipful Master.
WM: Will be you be off or from?
SD: From.
WM: From what and to what?
SD: From the pass-grip of a Master Mason to the real grip of the same.
WM: Pass. What is that?
SD: The real grip of a Master Mason, or lion's paw.
WM: Has it a name?
SD: It has.
WM: Will you give it to me?
SD: Place yourself in the proper position to receive it and I will.
WM: Mark the difference, my Brother, Heretofore your answer has been; I did not so receive it, neither will I so impart it. Now it is: Place yourself in the proper position to receive it and I will.
WM: What is the proper position to receive it?
SD: On the Five Points of Fellowship.
WM: What are the Five Points of Fellowship?
SD: Foot to foot, knee to knee, breast to breast, hand to back, and cheek to cheek or mouth to ear.(Cand and WM are placing themselves on the Five Points of Fellowship as the SD names them.)
WM: Ma. Cand: Ha. WM: Bone.(WM may have the cand begin, while still in position, ie., Cand: Ma. WM: Ha. Cand: Bone, being sure the candidate fully understands the word.)
WM: My Brother, the Grand Hailing Sign of Distress of a Master Mason is given in this manner: raising the hands toward Heaven, your arms forming a square, and lowering them by three distinct motions to the sides, and alludes to a particular tie in your Obligation, wherein you swore that you would not give the Grand Hailing Sign of Distress of a Master Mason, except for the benefit of the Craft while at work or for the instruction of a Brother, unless you were in real distress. Should you be in a place where the Sign could not be seen, the words, "O Lord, my God, is there no help for the Widow's son?", are to be substituted, but the sign and words are never to be given together. Should you see the Sign or hear the Words, you will hasten to the relief of the person so giving them, for you may rest assured that they come from one who has traveled the same road and received the same Light in Masonry that you have.
WM: My Brother, you will now return to the East, and receive an historical account of this degree.

(CONTINUED IN "Entire Ritual of the Master Mason Degree of Freemasonry" PART 3)

"TONGUE-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I"

Haunting Beauty
Current Mood: Spine chillingly spooky

Posted on

Errr, 'scuse me, but why are you posting all this crap? :):

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

Er, in response to this diablo:

http://www.smeggys.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&p=197895#p197895

I take it you don't want to learn about the "Brotherhood" that's currently controlling the entire globe we're resting our weary butts on? :|

No worries, you never know tho, some peeps might be curious?...

"TONGUE-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I"

Haunting Beauty
Current Mood: Spine chillingly spooky

Posted on

I think this board is becoming a coven for people with freaky hobby-horses. I can't abide these baseless conspiracy theories.

My father was a Freemason and my Uncle Sam was master of a lodge in Lincolnshire, yet they never killed anyone nor gained huge advantage from this.

Yes in some professions there are unfair advantages given to fellow masons, but that applies to people who went to the same school as well.

Overall it is pretty harmless. :eek4:

Oh well, get on with your preaching, I won't interfere any more. :):

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Return to The Global Elite