Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Leonard Cohen to release live album

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

For Whirlie :wave:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a1468 ... album.html

Leonard Cohen will release his first album since 2004 with a live concert taken from his 2008 European tour.

The legendary singer-songwriter played a number of headline shows last year and the album was recorded at his O2 arena concert on July 17, 2008 in London.

Entitled Live In London, the LP features songs from across Cohen's career.

The tracklisting features songs from 'Suzanne', which featured on his 1967 debut Songs Of Leonard Cohen, to 'In My Secret Life', which opened his 2001 album Ten New Songs.

Live In London will be available on double-CD or DVD from March 31, 2009.

Cohen reportedly received £1 million in royalties last year for the use of his 1984 hit 'Hallelujah' in the final of The X Factor.

Posted on

haha! :hello: :elephant: :D

thats brilliant!

but you know Im just slightly disappointed they used a recording from London - it was being recorded the night I was there in Glasgow, and I was kinda hoping it might have been for a dvd release...maybe theyre cutting in shots from that night too, bits that they didnt quite get in london...who knows

what matters is that theres going to be a new dvd! :thumb:

and just in time for my birthday.

thanks Martyn for telling us and sharing the excitement with the forum. :D :thumb:

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

...and I suppose, Live in Glasgow, just doesnt quite have the same ring as Live in London, if I'm being completely honest...

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:...and I suppose, Live in Glasgow, just doesnt quite have the same ring as Live in London, if I'm being completely honest...

Why not?

Given they've recorded all the shows I would bet that the final release is a compilation of audio from the best of all the shows, even if the video is all London. No live albums are completely live, and haven't been for decades. So you never know you might be able to detect the background noise of wetting panties in Glasgow after all :) :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

well yes, thats what i would imagine - that in reality its a compilation

but were they recording all the shows - do you know that?

heres the track list

* Disc 1
o Dance Me To The End Of Love
o The Future
o Ain’t No Cure For Love
o Bird On The Wire
o Everybody Knows
o In My Secret Life
o Who By Fire
o Hey, That’s No Way To Say Goodbye
o Anthem
o Introduction
o Tower Of Song
o Suzanne
o The Gypsy’s Wife
* Disc 2
o Boogie Street
o Hallelujah
o Democracy
o I’m Your Man
o Recitation w/ N.L.
o Take This Waltz
o So Long, Marianne
o First We Take Manhattan
o Sisters Of Mercy
o If It Be Your Will
o Closing Time
o I Tried To Leave You
o Wither Thou Goest

he didnt do Sisters of Mercy in Glasgow the night I was there, and Democracy was an encore - ( it was the night after the American election and it was amazingly joyful) - but he put in a special song for Glasgow because it was a drinking city That Dont Make it Junk which isnt on the album ( tbh would rather have had Sisters) - and wheres Famous Blue Raincoat and the Partisan?

MILF

Posted on

MILF

Return to Music