Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Beatles added to streaming services

Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Being added at midnight tonight.

About time. As the article says they are late to the party on this. I've thought for a while they must be missing out on a lot of prospective customers and hiding themselves away from the platforms used by the 'yoof' was never a good idea.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... pple-music

The band’s 13 remastered studio albums and four compilations will be available from 12.01am on Thursday on nine services: Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, Deezer, Google Play, Amazon Prime, Slacker, Microsoft’s Groove and Rhapsody (including its Napster service in the UK).

I'll be adding a load to my Deezer account, which is what I use for 99% of my music listening (outside radio).

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

BBC propaganda channel were heavily advertising this yesterday. I would have thought it's all on youtube anyway

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:BBC propaganda channel were heavily advertising this yesterday. I would have thought it's all on youtube anyway

Not Beatles stuff. If anyone uploads anything (and YouTube's systems miss it) it's usually taken down manually sharpish.

The streaming services are much more convenient for listening on mobile devices. For a start Youtube would eat any mobile data allowance pretty quickly by needlessly streaming video. Also the streaming apps make organising your music easier than on Youtube imo.

I think Youtube have just brought out a subscription music streaming service themselves, but it's only available in the US so far I think.

ETA: Just taken a look and there's a bit of Beatles stuff on Youtube, mostly uploaded in the last month or two. So it seems they've relented on that a bit as well.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

McCartney must be down to his last 500 million.

The decrepit cunt will probably be on every 'Live from' show for the next 12 months, assaulting the eardrums of the nation to earn a few bob.

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Posted on

Mr Squirrel wrote:McCartney must be down to his last 500 million.

The decrepit cunt will probably be on every 'Live from' show for the next 12 months, assaulting the eardrums of the nation to earn a few bob.

The weird thing was that the stuff the band members did after the Beatles has been available to stream for years, just not actual Beatles stuff.

I know they had an exclusive deal for downloads with iTunes, so maybe some clause in that stopped them from making their stuff available on the streaming services? I'm actually surprised they didn't do an exclusive deal with Apple for streaming. Maybe they've realised that it would piss off the bulk of their fans?

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

He'll be able to afford a new wig now.

I believe the Michael Jackson estate currently owns most of the publishing rights though

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music