Altogether now.... in the key of Bb!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Christ, nil points for us again. Is that the best this country can do? :doh:

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Isn't it dreadful? I was going to start a thread on this earlier today but I fell asleep until 8pm tonight. It's also debatable whether a thread on the UK entry to Eurovision actually belongs in the music forum, but we'll give it the benefit of the doubt ;)

I woke up during a quick flashback to 4 acts the public are being pleaded with to vote on later tonight. FFS absolutely dreadful!!!! - Even Andy 'Binman' Abraham, apart from looking a bit sinister, sounded dreadful.

I think Ireland did the right thing and at least entered intio the spirit of it by not taking it seriously and putting forward a 4th rate puppet as their entry.

HILARIOUS REALLY. :) :) :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

We might as well have sent the Romanian bird over there, at least she'd get a few points from the east European voters.

Smegster

Posted on

Jim_UK wrote:We might as well have sent the Romanian bird over there, at least she'd get a few points from the east European voters.

Possibly, but she was a bit scary. :eek: :rofl: - I just watched the final vote which they couldn't even find the energy to hype up. Even Claudia didn't bother to act with any sincerity when she said Katrina's europop drivel was 'brilliant'

I see Michelle Gayle slid off the stage in disgust rather quickly after the 'result' was announced. And that Song Andy Abraham sang? :eek: - Who the hell wrote that? it was awful. The lyrics especially.

I doubt we'll even get through to the final this year

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

The winning song might have done well in 70's, I can't see it doing anything now. The Romanian bird might have been a bit mad with a voice like a chicken being strangled but she did have some damn fine legs. :thumb:

We've a guaranteed place in the final, we pay for the "privilege" :blair:

Smegster

Posted on

Jim_UK wrote: We've a guaranteed place in the final, we pay for the "privilege" :blair:

You're quite right, UK, France, Germany & Spain automatically qualify for the final.

I always watch Eurovision, dreadful though it usually is. These days, it always makes me want to watch the Eurosong episode of Father Ted.

My Lovely Horse....running through the fields :rofl:

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Tired but happy

Posted on

awwww I missed it... :doh:

shame! :rofl:

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

pompey73 wrote:
Jim_UK wrote: We've a guaranteed place in the final, we pay for the "privilege" :blair:

You're quite right, UK, France, Germany & Spain automatically qualify for the final.

I didn't know that. As Jim says, it must be ££££

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I watched the 1st 3, and have to admit, I don't think we don't stand a chance, missed the rest of it, but I'm guessing they weren't much better.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Grand Master
Current Mood: recovering

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Isn't it dreadful? I was going to start a thread on this earlier today but I fell asleep until 8pm tonight. It's also debatable whether a thread on the UK entry to Eurovision actually belongs in the music forum,...

This doesnt' deserve to be in the music section. I saw it tonight and it was a bag o' shite. no music to be heard at all.

On two rolls!!
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

Well it was a great cure for insomnia!!

The 'winning' song was written by AA himself....a tune right out of the 70's :yippee:

But on the night, to be fair, his was the best song because all the others were a complete pile of shyte :thumbdown:

Posted on

Trixiebelle wrote:Well it was a great cure for insomnia!!

The 'winning' song was written by AA himself....a tune right out of the 70's :yippee:

How embarrasing. I remember nearly throwing up at the lyrics. The verse had the musicla flow of a dance done by a 3 legged dog. Awful song :spike:

But on the night, to be fair, his was the best song because all the others were a complete pile of shyte :thumbdown:

I will concede that the others were, at the least, just as bad.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

http://www.smeggys.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=31014#p31014

Look at that interview of Abraham. Laughing stock!!

On two rolls!!
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

I liked Andy on the X factor and thought he was a really good 'crooner' but I have to concede that (even though I love the 70's) music has moved on and his song is very out of date. Carrie Grant said it sounded like an Edwin Starr song and she was dead right there.

I really don't know why people queue up to do Eurovision. Everyone knows it's just a huge piss-take and kills any hope of a career in music. BTW what DID happen to that dyke that won it last year :chin:

Having said that I'll watch it AGAIN this year, but only because I love Terry Wogan's commentary :rofl:

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:The verse had the musical flow of a dance done by a 3 legged dog.:spike:

:pp: :pp: :pp:

Posted on

There's been enormous brouhaha over here in Ireland about Dustin the Turkey going forward. Initially I thought it was a good joke at the expense of the East Europeans, but now I've changed my mind. If you see the full set piece it looks like us Irish chasing everyone else around like little lap dogs again desperately begging to be "cool" - it's not ironic, it's trying to be Eurotrashy, and it's trying to win. And it won't. :thumbdown:

On a roll!

Posted on

Some Eastern European Country will probably win I guess. Is anyone really bothered who wins anyway?

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Bring back it's a knock out with Stewart Hall I say. I miss stewart hall laughing at everything uncontrollably whether it was funny or not - classic false laughter!!:D :D

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Some Eastern European Country will probably win I guess. Is anyone really bothered who wins anyway?

Not me :pp: Who's Dustin anyway :confused:

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Bring back it's a knock out with Stewart Hall I say. I miss stewart hall laughing at everything uncontrollably whether it was funny or not - classic false laughter!!:D :D

Quality TV. :D

Smegster

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Music