Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

[!] New Forum Features!!

Award winning Australian Documentarist John Pilger exposes the Western Establishment.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Greetings Smegstas!!!

It's been a long night programming in those wonderful languages of SQL and PHP.

The right hand list of latest topics on the main page is a great feature. But for ages I've wanted to see which topics I've fully read and those which have unread posts. And I'm sure many of you have too!!

It wasn't easy. It involved some nifty database programming and a few beers, but at last I've cracked it!!

The first version worked, but was too inefficient. Page took long to load, so after much optimisation I've managed to add this feature with only adding a massive 0.006 of a second to the page loading time. Woo Hoo! :thumb: :thumb:

Bit bollocks to the technical stuff, what it means is now the topics that have new posts you haven't read have a RED icon and those you've read have a grey icon. It can't get simpler than that!!!

The other new little feature in the front page topic list is that Announcements are now prefixed with a Φ character so it's easy to note when there are new forum announcements. This topic should be prefixed with one. It's the Greek letter Phi btw.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Great Smeggy thanks. :)

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

It's a huge improvement, much more user friendly - good stuff! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Be yourself - everyone else is already taken.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Sahara
Current Mood: Sad

Posted on

sometimes it doesnt display properly for me though....?

seems to be the first time I log in, then its ok after that.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:sometimes it doesnt display properly for me though....?

seems to be the first time I log in, then its ok after that.

hmmm? Any specifics on what goes wrong so I can trouble shoot?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

yeah the boxes dont show up, i get a line of text instead

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

good job smeggy, thanks for your hard work :thumb:

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:yeah the boxes dont show up, i get a line of text instead

What does the text say?

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /var/www/html/includes/template.php(527) : eval()'d code on line 547

Pictures of me naked viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10495

Super Smegsterwegsta
Current Mood: Down, down, deeper and down.

Posted on

Raffles wrote:Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /var/www/html/includes/template.php(527) : eval()'d code on line 547

where does this appear?

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

upper left corner of the forum index page.

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

gone now though

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

mmm..thats not what i get

I get a line of text above every topic in the Delicious New Writings box, and no boxes.

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:mmm..thats not what i get

I get a line of text above every topic in the Delicious New Writings box, and no boxes.

What does the text say?

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

this is what I get if Im not logged in.
then after I log in, it displays properly

# viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8533&view=unread#unread View the latest post I got a recored letter from the police t ...
# viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9721&view=unread#unread View the latest post William Roache's wife dies suddenly at 5 ...
# viewtopic.php?f=50&t=9710&view=unread#unread View the latest post Crime Books (Detective Novels)
# viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9712&view=unread#unread View the latest post How stupid are the council....pathetic!! ...
# viewtopic.php?f=16&t=216&view=unread#unread View the latest post Gary Glitter has a Heart Attack.
# viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9713&view=unread#unread View the latest post Fascinating Fact of the Day!
# viewtopic.php?f=43&t=9720&view=unread#unread View the latest post Oddball Hotels
# viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1501&view=unread#unread View the latest post How is everyone doing?
# viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9659&view=unread#unread View the latest post Is sex really best for women in their 40 ...
# viewtopic.php?f=139&t=9719&view=unread#unread View the latest post [Game] Asteroids2
# viewtopic.php?f=139&t=9718&view=unread#unread View the latest post [Game] SuperMario Rampage
# viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9533&view=unread#unread View the latest post Which sports are popular where you live?
# viewtopic.php?f=139&t=9717&view=unread#unread View the latest post [Game] Pacman
# viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9511&view=unread#unread View the latest post UK cold snap brings winter back
# viewtopic.php?f=18&t=758&view=unread#unread View the latest post The goodnight thread...
# viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9716&view=unread#unread View the latest post Hi-Tech ID cards - Lo-Tech brains
# viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9715&view=unread#unread View the latest post Schools CCTV is judged intru

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:this is what I get if Im not logged in.
then after I log in, it displays properly

# viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8533&view=unread#unread View the latest post I got a recored letter from the police t ...
# viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9721&view=unread#unread View the latest post William Roache's wife dies suddenly at 5 ...
# viewtopic.php?f=50&t=9710&view=unread#unread View the latest post Crime Books (Detective Novels)
# viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9712&view=unread#unread View the latest post How stupid are the council....pathetic!! ...
# viewtopic.php?f=16&t=216&view=unread#unread View the latest post Gary Glitter has a Heart Attack.
# viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9713&view=unread#unread View the latest post Fascinating Fact of the Day!
# viewtopic.php?f=43&t=9720&view=unread#unread View the latest post Oddball Hotels
# viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1501&view=unread#unread View the latest post How is everyone doing?
# viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9659&view=unread#unread View the latest post Is sex really best for women in their 40 ...
# viewtopic.php?f=139&t=9719&view=unread#unread View the latest post [Game] Asteroids2
# viewtopic.php?f=139&t=9718&view=unread#unread View the latest post [Game] SuperMario Rampage
# viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9533&view=unread#unread View the latest post Which sports are popular where you live?
# viewtopic.php?f=139&t=9717&view=unread#unread View the latest post [Game] Pacman
# viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9511&view=unread#unread View the latest post UK cold snap brings winter back
# viewtopic.php?f=18&t=758&view=unread#unread View the latest post The goodnight thread...
# viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9716&view=unread#unread View the latest post Hi-Tech ID cards - Lo-Tech brains
# viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9715&view=unread#unread View the latest post Schools CCTV is judged intru

Ahhh Ok, from your previous post it seemed the problem happened when you first logged in.

It works OK here when not logged in. I'll go and see what could be the problem.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I had a look. I can't find anything that would cause that. The text you are seeing is the URL of the topic ( view first unread ) - which if you are a guest it would show for all topics.

Bizarre. Is this 100% repeateable. Is that safari? Safari PC, and Firefox and IE7 wok fine here when I'm logged out or nin

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Hye whirlie are you still getting the lines oftext when not logged in?

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

My next quest is to add a feature where we can page back through the topics. Loving this PHP programming game :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Oh well that wasn't so bad....

You now have 5 buttons on the bar below the right hand list of topics. Which means almost instant access to the newest 250 topics.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Next

Share this Topic on Twitter and Facebook:

Return to John Pilger