Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

[video] John Pilger - Stealing a Nation

Award winning Australian Documentarist John Pilger exposes the Western Establishment.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

John Pilger - Stealing a Nation

STEALING A NATION (John Pilger, 2004) is an extraordinary film about the plight of people of the Chagos Islands in the Indian Ocean - secretly and brutally expelled from their homeland by British governments in the late 1960s and early 1970s, to make way for an American military base. The base, on the main island of Diego Garcia, was a launch pad for the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Watched a fifth of this and am giving up now cos it's not good for me.
You can disclaim and say "but this was the 60's"....are things so different now?

We carry on a belief in the West that we are more civilised than other nations, but are we really?
I'd say our organised cruelty and dispassion are intolerable for a species claiming to be evolved.

As a localised comment that will no doubt piss off some members....

"Smeggy regularly posts up intense material like this, that get's totally ignored!"

We'd all rather tweak each others noses about mundane Television programmes, when this is really the stuff our noses should be rubbed in.

No Comment Eh?

Pictures of me naked viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10495

Super Smegsterwegsta
Current Mood: Down, down, deeper and down.

Posted on

Raffles wrote:Watched a fifth of this and am giving up now cos it's not good for me.

Not good for you? :)

You can disclaim and say "but this was the 60's"....are things so different now?

We carry on a belief in the West that we are more civilised than other nations, but are we really?
I'd say our organised cruelty and dispassion are intolerable for a species claiming to be evolved.

As a localised comment that will no doubt piss off some members....

"Smeggy regularly posts up intense material like this, that get's totally ignored!"

We'd all rather tweak each others noses about mundane Television programmes, when this is really the stuff our noses should be rubbed in.

No Comment Eh?

I haven't watched any of the PIlger documentaries yet except the "War On Democracy" - his latest.

I'm about to pick one and watch it. I might have to toss coin or spin the bottle. They all look good :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Raffles wrote:Watched a fifth of this and am giving up now cos it's not good for me.

Not good for you? :)

Just personal stress and distress levels.

Trying to chill.

Pictures of me naked viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10495

Super Smegsterwegsta
Current Mood: Down, down, deeper and down.

Share this Topic on Twitter and Facebook:

Return to John Pilger