Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

[video] John Pilger - The War On Democracy

Award winning Australian Documentarist John Pilger exposes the Western Establishment.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:33 pm

John Pilger - The War On Democracy

America likes to talk about "spreading democracy", but in his latest film John Pilger argues that the US is actually stifling its progress. The War on Democracy shows that the principles of democracy can be found more readily among the poorest people of Latin America than anywhere near the corridors of the White House. It features an exclusive interview with Hugo Chávez and Pilger also speaks to former US government officials who claim the CIA waged covert wars in Latin America. Through this film, Pilger conveys his central belief in the enduring power of the people.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

In a decent society the people and the government should both respect and support each other. In this society the government think we are cattle and we think the government are cunts!!
smeggypants
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:14 am

Interesting program.
If true in it's claims, then the U.S (and the UK) governments are nothing more than fascists forcing their will on the rest of the world to protect and enhance their own business no matter the cost.

Of course, I haven't believed for a moment that the UK or US are really democratic governments.... at the end of the day, when it comes to elections, what choices are we really given?

A choice between 2 parties (realistically) both funded by big business and puppet figureheads.
mue
Really Loves the Place!

Posted on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:02 pm

Zeus wrote:Interesting program.
If true in it's claims, then the U.S (and the UK) governments are nothing more than fascists forcing their will on the rest of the world to protect and enhance their own business no matter the cost.

Of course, I haven't believed for a moment that the UK or US are really democratic governments.... at the end of the day, when it comes to elections, what choices are we really given?

A choice between 2 parties (realistically) both funded by big business and puppet figureheads.

You got it. 2 party system is a layer below where teh real power lies and is a tool to give the illusion of voter power. nothing like a democracy.

btw - I've just found some more John Pilger. Coming up!
-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

In a decent society the people and the government should both respect and support each other. In this society the government think we are cattle and we think the government are cunts!!
smeggypants
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:04 pm

I'll have to wait until Thursday before I can watch any! Work, work, work, work.....(including the weekend...boo!)
mue
Really Loves the Place!

Share this Topic on Twitter and Facebook:

Return to John Pilger