Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Complete History Of My Sexual Failures

Hollywood meets Popcorn!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Complete History Of My Sexual Failures ( Clip )

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

False advertising if you ask me. :pp:

Foo foo. Let's all foo foo.

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Chris Waitt on his feature 'A Complete History of My Sexual Failures'
Chris Waitt tells our correspondent why he made the ultimate in confessional documentaries
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article4113889.ece

...But there are moments of brilliance in A Complete History of My Sexual Failures, and moments of sadness that move beyond the kooky Waittness of the whole project. For instance, an interview with a serious former girlfriend called Vicky is laden with emotion, and her tearstained breakdown speaks more about the pain of shattered dreams than anything in Waitt’s droll commentary.

In fact the whole experience was pure pain, says Waitt. Spending six months tracking down ex-girlfriends, shooting difficult interviews and humiliating personal encounters, and then sifting through the resultant 400 hours of footage for another six months was hell. “It’s really hard for me to convey the degree to which this whole project was a total nightmare,” he says. “At one stage it was just this mass of footage that was either badly shot, badly sound recorded, or else quite uncomfortable to watch.”

The uncomfortable moments mostly involve Waitt’s confrontations with extremely angry women. In these scenes the depth of his exes’ hatred is palpable. One of them says that seeing him makes her want to vomit; another is so disgusted that she will speak only from behind a curtain, with her voice digitally altered; three more have threatened to sue if they are included in the final cut. He says that, though he was initially baffled, the process of making the film has ultimately helped him to understand what fuels their anger.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Eeeek! Someone who never says fuck said fuck!!

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

The_Hitman wrote:False advertising if you ask me. :pp:

:D :D :D

made you look!

MILF

Posted on

The boyfriend from hell
http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,2284427,00.html

His odyssey of inadequacy turned into a comic portrait of masculinity: A Complete History of My Sexual Failures. 'It didn't turn out as straightforward as I'd imagined,' Waitt says. 'I didn't think it through.'

While a couple of Waitt's exes were happy to be interviewed for camera, many were outraged when he turned up on their doorsteps with his woolly hat and boom mic. His most recent ex, Alice, told him to 'fuck off' through the letterbox. Others described him, variously, as emotionally backward, unreliable, immature and in need of professional help. One confessed that he had put her off white men for life.

Dawn, the childhood sweetheart he lost his virginity to, recalled, 'We went to a wedding where he got really pissed, jammed my mum up against a door and kissed her.' Another ex agreed to be interviewed only if her voice was distorted and her face hidden. 'Even when you got engaged to Vicky, you thought it was a joke and bought her a trick ring,' said his mum. 'You never took her seriously, and so you lost her.'

Any one seen it?

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:
The_Hitman wrote:False advertising if you ask me. :pp:

:D :D :D

made you look!

I never thought it would be very long :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

hmmm...having now seen a couple of clips from this "documentary" I'm beginning to revise my opinion of the whole thing.

You are right, Hitman. False Advertising - it seems scripted, acted and contrived.

And, we are not told in all the blurb and hype that Chris Waitt , as well as being a film maker is actually an actor too.

Many of the clips Ive seen ( including the truly dreadful trailer) just dont ring true as documentary and seem entirely set up with comic timing guaranteed . I'm sure the premis of the piece was genuine enough - to interview ex-girlfriends, and some of his ex girfriends do appear - but really, is it a documentary?

MILF

Posted on

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:You are right, Hitman. False Advertising - it seems scripted, acted and contrived.

You're giving me too much credit, the comment was aimed at you and your thread title. :wave:

I agree though, the girl in the clip struck me as being an actor straight away and the bloke, for the few words he said, wasn't much more realistic. It could be genuine, but I have my reservations.

The title is the selling line isn't it. Whoever came up with it probably thought how can I use that title without having to go round and interview all the women from my past? If the only option he could think of was to actually do the interviews (doubtful) then fair play to him.

Still doesn't interest me all that much as a documentary.

Foo foo. Let's all foo foo.

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

and watch this "interview " with him....

He's playing a character - and not very well, either.. Its not believable!

He's too coiffed, and his flat is definitely styled. It may have been real at some point in his life, but I dont believe its his reality now, its been recreated and made pretty and "kooky"

I'm disappointed. I'd read stuff about this film before I saw the clips and was intrigued.

Its like a Nick Hornby novel.

MILF

Return to Movies