Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Avatar

Hollywood meets Popcorn!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

- anybody else here seen it yet?

I saw it in 3D on Thursday and thought it was fab :yippee: .

I went not thinking that I'd enjoy it too much, all the odds were stacked against it for me, if a film dosn't grab my attention then I get bored easily in the cinema and start to drift, plus it was three hours long, and I'm not generally into sci-fi films :roll: .

Loved it though - anybody else? :)



User avatar
Really Hooked!
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:46 pm
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Whoop whoop!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I haven't seen it. I think James Cameron is a complete knob, but that wouldn't put me off watching one of his films that wasn't pretending to be factual while really being propaganda.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 119239
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:I haven't seen it. I think James Cameron is a complete knob, but that wouldn't put me off watching one of his films that wasn't pretending to be factual while really being propaganda.



Ooh, smeggy - you old cynic you :spank: :D .

I do see your point though, in fact I said about the possible hidden agenda to my mate as we left the cinema (I didn't know owt about the film before I saw it, just went as my friend wanted to see it) :) .



User avatar
Really Hooked!
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:46 pm
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Whoop whoop!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Tess Tickles wrote:
smeggypants wrote:I haven't seen it. I think James Cameron is a complete knob, but that wouldn't put me off watching one of his films that wasn't pretending to be factual while really being propaganda.



Ooh, smeggy - you old cynic you :spank: :D .

I do see your point though, in fact I said about the possible hidden agenda to my mate as we left the cinema (I didn't know owt about the film before I saw it, just went as my friend wanted to see it) :) .


I wasn't saying all his films have a hidden agenda. He made a film about Biblical history that pretended to be factual and was complete and utter mythology. For that he is a twat.

I'm interested in what agenda you thought was underlying in Avatar though.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 119239
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
Tess Tickles wrote:
smeggypants wrote:I haven't seen it. I think James Cameron is a complete knob, but that wouldn't put me off watching one of his films that wasn't pretending to be factual while really being propaganda.



Ooh, smeggy - you old cynic you :spank: :D .

I do see your point though, in fact I said about the possible hidden agenda to my mate as we left the cinema (I didn't know owt about the film before I saw it, just went as my friend wanted to see it) :) .


I wasn't saying all his films have a hidden agenda. He made a film about Biblical history that pretended to be factual and was complete and utter mythology. For that he is a twat.

I'm interested in what agenda you thought was underlying in Avatar though.



It was that the way that the leader of the armed forces in the film was in search of something/minerals on Pandora (planet), and didn't care what they did and who was sacrificed in order to get such. :(



User avatar
Really Hooked!
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:46 pm
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Whoop whoop!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Tess Tickles wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
Tess Tickles wrote:
smeggypants wrote:I haven't seen it. I think James Cameron is a complete knob, but that wouldn't put me off watching one of his films that wasn't pretending to be factual while really being propaganda.



Ooh, smeggy - you old cynic you :spank: :D .

I do see your point though, in fact I said about the possible hidden agenda to my mate as we left the cinema (I didn't know owt about the film before I saw it, just went as my friend wanted to see it) :) .


I wasn't saying all his films have a hidden agenda. He made a film about Biblical history that pretended to be factual and was complete and utter mythology. For that he is a twat.

I'm interested in what agenda you thought was underlying in Avatar though.



It was that the way that the leader of the armed forces in the film was in search of something/minerals on Pandora (planet), and didn't care what they did and who was sacrificed in order to get such. :(


Sounds similar to Israel and their agenda of empire building and the way they slaughter Palestinians and enforce apartheid on them. Makes a lot of sense for James Cameron

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 119239
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Why the heck are you guys so anti James Cameron?

I do think he is a little over-rated as a director but of his films that I've seen, they were just entertainment as far as I was concerned and certainly without any hidden or underlying message that would hint at something sinister.

Like modern art critics, film critics love to find hidden meanings in things to show how intellectual they are and to intellectualise and justify their own profession. Most of it is complete bunk. Why can't people watch something for what it is meant to be - pure entertainment?

LN



User avatar
Really Loves Smeggy's
Posts: 1878
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:41 am

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Not really my scene to be honest so Il think Il give it a miss.



User avatar
Sweetheart
Posts: 4417
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:51 pm
Location: Northern Ireland
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I think I'm with LLC on this one. The film doesn't look like my kind of bag.

But one thing that did annoy me about the film without even seeing it, was that it was so horribly over-hyped.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

User avatar
Grand Master
Posts: 7045
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Residing somewhere in Sengenydd
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

LLC, gunner - the odds were completely stacked against me enjoying it, but I went because a friend wanted to see it.

Really enjoyed it, and the effects are amazing :thumb: .



User avatar
Really Hooked!
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:46 pm
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Whoop whoop!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Brilliant anti-war film. 3D was incredible, yet not overdone. 10/10 for that one!


User avatar
Loves Smeggy's
Posts: 1418
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:03 am
Location: Edinburgh
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Electric!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

LektroiD wrote:Brilliant anti-war film. 3D was incredible, yet not overdone. 10/10 for that one!


My son said the same Leks ....oh I really want to see it now .....




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

LordNibbler wrote:Why the heck are you guys so anti James Cameron?

I do think he is a little over-rated as a director but of his films that I've seen, they were just entertainment as far as I was concerned and certainly without any hidden or underlying message that would hint at something sinister.

Like modern art critics, film critics love to find hidden meanings in things to show how intellectual they are and to intellectualise and justify their own profession. Most of it is complete bunk. Why can't people watch something for what it is meant to be - pure entertainment?

LN


Blame it on Titanic ........ :D




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

LordNibbler wrote:Why the heck are you guys so anti James Cameron?


LN


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus_Decoded


I saw this on the Discovery Channel not so long ago. I was horrified at the mythology being craftily portrayed as fact. I then looked it up on WIkipedia nd saw that there was already much criticism of it.

Cameron's benign films like Titanic are all well and good, which I've seen, but putting your name behind bullshit is another thing altogether.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 119239
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:Cameron's benign films like Titanic are all well and good, which I've seen,...



I have't seen it yet, so don't tell me how it ends.

The best facial is a daily facial.

User avatar
Insane Poster
Posts: 24698
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

The old lady dies.

I loved titanic!! speshally Roses tits!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User avatar
Resident Alcoholic
Posts: 6337
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:13 pm
Location: Southampton
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Giblet Botherer

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Tess Tickles wrote:LLC, gunner - the odds were completely stacked against me enjoying it, but I went because a friend wanted to see it.

Really enjoyed it, and the effects are amazing :thumb: .

Bf wants to see it so I assume I will at some point and Il tell you what I think.



User avatar
Sweetheart
Posts: 4417
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:51 pm
Location: Northern Ireland
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Channel Hopper wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Cameron's benign films like Titanic are all well and good, which I've seen,...



I have't seen it yet, so don't tell me how it ends.

If Titanic were more factual and less soppy romance bollocks, I'd have probably gone to see it. Apparently they never even mentioned the Egyptian mummy or the cursed artifacts, which were also being transported on the maiden voyage. This would have interested me much more than a sob story.

http://paranormal.suite101.com/article. ... he_titanic

That said, Avatar 3D is probably the most amazing film I've seen in a very long time. If you don't get to the cinema to see it in 3D while it's on, you'll miss out big time!


User avatar
Loves Smeggy's
Posts: 1418
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:03 am
Location: Edinburgh
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Electric!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Anyone seen this movie ? and did it make you feel suicidal and desperate ? :eek: :D
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Mov ... index.html




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

praps the bloke in the second rows pizza was crap and he was down about it :rofl:

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron