Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Hollywood meets Popcorn!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

- anybody else here seen it yet?

I saw it in 3D on Thursday and thought it was fab :yippee: .

I went not thinking that I'd enjoy it too much, all the odds were stacked against it for me, if a film dosn't grab my attention then I get bored easily in the cinema and start to drift, plus it was three hours long, and I'm not generally into sci-fi films :roll: .

Loved it though - anybody else? :)

Really Hooked!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Whoop whoop!

Posted on

I haven't seen it. I think James Cameron is a complete knob, but that wouldn't put me off watching one of his films that wasn't pretending to be factual while really being propaganda.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:I haven't seen it. I think James Cameron is a complete knob, but that wouldn't put me off watching one of his films that wasn't pretending to be factual while really being propaganda.

Ooh, smeggy - you old cynic you :spank: :D .

I do see your point though, in fact I said about the possible hidden agenda to my mate as we left the cinema (I didn't know owt about the film before I saw it, just went as my friend wanted to see it) :) .

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Tess Tickles wrote:
smeggypants wrote:I haven't seen it. I think James Cameron is a complete knob, but that wouldn't put me off watching one of his films that wasn't pretending to be factual while really being propaganda.

I do see your point though, in fact I said about the possible hidden agenda to my mate as we left the cinema (I didn't know owt about the film before I saw it, just went as my friend wanted to see it) :) .

I wasn't saying all his films have a hidden agenda. He made a film about Biblical history that pretended to be factual and was complete and utter mythology. For that he is a twat.

I'm interested in what agenda you thought was underlying in Avatar though.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Tess Tickles wrote:

I wasn't saying all his films have a hidden agenda. He made a film about Biblical history that pretended to be factual and was complete and utter mythology. For that he is a twat.

It was that the way that the leader of the armed forces in the film was in search of something/minerals on Pandora (planet), and didn't care what they did and who was sacrificed in order to get such. :(

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Tess Tickles wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
Tess Tickles wrote:

It was that the way that the leader of the armed forces in the film was in search of something/minerals on Pandora (planet), and didn't care what they did and who was sacrificed in order to get such. :(

Sounds similar to Israel and their agenda of empire building and the way they slaughter Palestinians and enforce apartheid on them. Makes a lot of sense for James Cameron

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Why the heck are you guys so anti James Cameron?

I do think he is a little over-rated as a director but of his films that I've seen, they were just entertainment as far as I was concerned and certainly without any hidden or underlying message that would hint at something sinister.

Like modern art critics, film critics love to find hidden meanings in things to show how intellectual they are and to intellectualise and justify their own profession. Most of it is complete bunk. Why can't people watch something for what it is meant to be - pure entertainment?

LN

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Not really my scene to be honest so Il think Il give it a miss.

Sweetheart
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

I think I'm with LLC on this one. The film doesn't look like my kind of bag.

But one thing that did annoy me about the film without even seeing it, was that it was so horribly over-hyped.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Posted on

LLC, gunner - the odds were completely stacked against me enjoying it, but I went because a friend wanted to see it.

Really enjoyed it, and the effects are amazing :thumb: .

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Brilliant anti-war film. 3D was incredible, yet not overdone. 10/10 for that one!

Loves Smeggy's
Current Mood: Electric!

Posted on

LektroiD wrote:Brilliant anti-war film. 3D was incredible, yet not overdone. 10/10 for that one!

My son said the same Leks ....oh I really want to see it now .....

Posted on

LordNibbler wrote:Why the heck are you guys so anti James Cameron?

I do think he is a little over-rated as a director but of his films that I've seen, they were just entertainment as far as I was concerned and certainly without any hidden or underlying message that would hint at something sinister.

Like modern art critics, film critics love to find hidden meanings in things to show how intellectual they are and to intellectualise and justify their own profession. Most of it is complete bunk. Why can't people watch something for what it is meant to be - pure entertainment?

LN

Blame it on Titanic ........ :D

Posted on

LordNibbler wrote:Why the heck are you guys so anti James Cameron?

LN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus_Decoded

I saw this on the Discovery Channel not so long ago. I was horrified at the mythology being craftily portrayed as fact. I then looked it up on WIkipedia nd saw that there was already much criticism of it.

Cameron's benign films like Titanic are all well and good, which I've seen, but putting your name behind bullshit is another thing altogether.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Cameron's benign films like Titanic are all well and good, which I've seen,...

I have't seen it yet, so don't tell me how it ends.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

The old lady dies.

I loved titanic!! speshally Roses tits!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Alcoholic
Current Mood: Giblet Botherer

Posted on

Tess Tickles wrote:LLC, gunner - the odds were completely stacked against me enjoying it, but I went because a friend wanted to see it.

Really enjoyed it, and the effects are amazing :thumb: .

Bf wants to see it so I assume I will at some point and Il tell you what I think.

Sweetheart

Posted on

Channel Hopper wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Cameron's benign films like Titanic are all well and good, which I've seen,...

I have't seen it yet, so don't tell me how it ends.

If Titanic were more factual and less soppy romance bollocks, I'd have probably gone to see it. Apparently they never even mentioned the Egyptian mummy or the cursed artifacts, which were also being transported on the maiden voyage. This would have interested me much more than a sob story.

http://paranormal.suite101.com/article. ... he_titanic

That said, Avatar 3D is probably the most amazing film I've seen in a very long time. If you don't get to the cinema to see it in 3D while it's on, you'll miss out big time!

Loves Smeggy's
Current Mood: Electric!

Posted on

Anyone seen this movie ? and did it make you feel suicidal and desperate ? :eek: :D
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Mov ... index.html

Posted on

praps the bloke in the second rows pizza was crap and he was down about it :rofl:

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Movies