Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Anthony Hopkins to reprise Lecter role

Hollywood meets Popcorn!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a156 ... -role.html

Sir Anthony Hopkins is to reprise his most famous role as Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

Universal has confirmed that a new film will be made, with the Oscar-winning actor and director Ridley Scott both on board, the New York Post reports.

"As far as we know, [this project] is alive," a Universal spokeswoman said. "Anthony Hopkins and Ridley Scott are both very committed. We like what we've got, and the revised script is really, really good."

There was speculation that the latest instalment in the franchise might be scrapped after original Silence Of The Lambs star Jodie Foster bowed out to direct Clare Danes in Flora Plum. Cate Blanchett has been touted as a possible replacement for the role of Clarice Starling.

Director Jonathan Demme and screenwriter Ted Tally, who both won Academy Awards for the first film, reportedly also passed on participating in the new movie.

Hopkins previously played the cannibalistic psychiatrist in Silence Of The Lambs, follow-up Hannibal and prequel Red Dragon.

Posted on

can't help but wonder but how much more life is in this story.
the've done the childhood, done the murders, done the escape and murders-what's left?

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Grumpy Old Cow
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: BANNED!

Posted on

This is being flogged to death. Apart from SOTL and to a lesser extent the original film with Brian Cox it's been cringeworthy watching these others with mediocre casts and scripts.

I wish Hollywood that avaricious monster that ruins as much as it creates would know when to leave it.

Really Hooked!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Like Ted Rogers but funny

Posted on

krissipandemic wrote:This is being flogged to death. Apart from SOTL and to a lesser extent the original film with Brian Cox it's been cringeworthy watching these others with mediocre casts and scripts.

I wish Hollywood that avaricious monster that ruins as much as it creates would know when to leave it.

must agree.
thought the original SOTL was pants--antony hopkins couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

brian cox was far better in every respect. manhaunter was a good film--old now, but still far superior to all the other films.

the book is good though--read it donkey's years ago.

Grumpy Old Cow

Posted on

I loved 'Red Dragon' my favourite of all including the Brian Cox version

Posted on

martyn20 wrote:I loved 'Red Dragon' my favourite of all including the Brian Cox version

showing my age again--but i read red dragon about 20 years ago and it has been the only book ever to give me nightmares. it was the bit when dollarhyde pulled the cowering kids from under the bed and they had dust bunnies on them.

creepy!

Grumpy Old Cow

Posted on

Silence of the Lambs is one of my favourite films. I rarely buy DVDs (much too mean) but I have that one.

Always rather liked Jodie Foster though, maybe that's a factor? ;)

I'll no doubt watch the new film though, but as has been said, it may be difficult to get a great new script and plotline.

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

diablo wrote:Silence of the Lambs is one of my favourite films. I rarely buy DVDs (much too mean) but I have that one.

Always rather liked Jodie Foster though, maybe that's a factor? ;)

I'll no doubt watch the new film though, but as has been said, it may be difficult to get a great new script and plotline.

you can't be that mean or you wouldn't consider paying the money to go to watch the film. :) nothing wrong with being prudent.

i think it will be almost impossible to get a new good storyline/plot/script.
saying that, how many star trek films have there been?

i like star trek in all it's guises( apart from voyager) and some of those storylines have been wafer-thin

Grumpy Old Cow

Posted on

foxlv8358 wrote:Very useful. I love in stock lace wigs & cheap lace wigs & custom lace wigs.

You should watch Silence of the Lambs on itv tonight at 22:35, foxlv8358. Might stop you posting crap for a while. :)

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Movies