Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

[merged] BBC Royal Baby Sycophancy!!

Actress, Singer, Dancer. Model, Fashion designer, Perfume Seller, Author, Socialite and Cellulite!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

News says that she hadn't even been spoken to about the incident by her employers...I would say as others have, this was probably the final straw for her, she probably expected to be made a scapegoat and just couldn't cope with the prospect or she had been hounded by the press!

Another death by media probably!

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Tetchy!

Posted on

Dolls wrote:I think probably other issues with her.

I think that too. A lot of people are getting all angry about the radio station, but nobody would expect such a prank call to result in someone's death. You cannot blame them.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:

I think that too. A lot of people are getting all angry about the radio station, but nobody would expect such a prank call to result in someone's death. You cannot blame them.

I don't think it would have taken a genius to foresee that the action might well have led to the people giving the information being disciplined at least, but what cost that balanced against the amusement of the moronic millions huh?.

paint your wagons and burn your banker, coz the twisted circus is coming to town and there ain't no safety net under the high wire.

- Larry Love.

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: Puckish

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:

The Australian radio station behind the prank call to the Duchess of Cambridge has a history of controversy.

2Day FM is already serving two five-year licence probations for breaching Australia's Broadcasting Services Act. There was no word on Friday on whether there will be further action after its DJs called up London's King Edward VII hospital pretending to be the Queen enquiring about Kate Middleton's condition.

Jacintha Saldaha, the nurse who believed she was transferring a call from "the Queen" was found dead today several yards from the hospital. The prank was considered deeply embarrassing for the hospital, which said it had been supporting Ms Saldanha during a difficult time.

The Sydney-based radio station 2Day FM was continuing to promote its prank Kate call on air on Friday, referring to it as "the prank call the world is talking about". It was not clear if the promotion was part of a pre-recorded, automated loop.

In a statement, the radio station responded to the calls saying: "Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) and 2Day FM are deeply saddened by the tragic news of the death of the nurse, Jacintha Saldanha."

"CEO Rhys Holleran has spoken with the presenters, they are both deeply shocked, and at this time we have agreed that they not comment about the circumstances."

"SCA and the hosts have decided that they will not return to their radio show, until further notice out of respect for what can only be described as a tragedy."

2Day FM has a history of shock jock prank calls. The Australian Communications and Media Authority imposed a licence condition for five years ordering 2Day FM to provide increased protection for children after a 14-year-old was attached to a lie detector test in 2009 and pressured to discuss her sex life on air.

Despite the girl's protests that she was "scared" and believed the questions were not "fair" the "Kyle & Jackie-O" radio show host encouraged both the girl and her mother to discuss whether she was sexually active, to which the girl responded: "I've already told you the story of this and don't look at me and smile because it's not funny. Oh, okay. I got raped when I was 12 years old."

To which the host replied: "Right. And is that, is that the only experience you've had?"

"Overall, we believe that the child was exploited and treated cruelly by 2Day FM. The broadcast made the exploitation all the more humiliating and public," the Law Society of New South Wales Young Lawyers said in a submission to the Australian Communications and Media Authority in September 2009.

In another incident, the radio station said it had raised $AUS 150,000 for a family who believed they were being awarded the money to help care for their disabled child. When they tried to claim the donations, they were instead given the names of those who'd pledged money and were not able to collect more than $50,000, according legal submissions filed with the Australian regulator.

Best practice
Australian radio stations are subject to the Broadcasting Services Act 1992, a self-regulatory scheme for commercial radio which sets out a number of codes in relation to best industry practice.

In a submission to the regulator, the Young Lawyers drew attention to a series of "Heartless Hotline" shows which involved exploiting disadvantaged individuals who were offered a prize which could be snapped away from them by listeners.

The Law Society of New South Wales Young Lawyers' said the stunts "demonstrated a pattern of behaviour that involves the exploitation of the disadvantaged for the entertainment of others.''

In one instance, a mother of five children, four of them disabled, was offered tickets to take her family to the Sydney Royal Easter Show - but only if no other "heartless" listener claimed the called within 30 seconds. The woman was then encouraged to bicker with a caller while the station decided whether to award the tickets.

In a fourth instance, radio host Kyle Sandilands suggested Polish actress Magda Szubanski should lose weight by visiting a concentration camp.

The code has been insufficient to regulate radio stations, according to Young Lawyers, because it does not require broadcasters to use a "kill switch" to terminate a broadcast, there are no required training programmes or processes to pre-approve or identify questionable content, and there is no protection against possible exploitation of underage or disadvantaged persons,

John Lofthouse, Chief Executive at King Edward VII's Hospital, said in a statement on Friday that his thoughts and deepest sympathies were with the family of the nurse. "Everyone is shocked by the loss of a much loved and valued colleague."

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Swing wrote:
smeggypants wrote:WTF? The nurse who took the prank call ( above ) has been found dead. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sky are reporting it as a suicide. She only seemed to have said "hello" on the phone and then passed the call over.

Seems a bit odd to kill yourself over that. But then I can't imagine why someone would be suicided over it either. Even Charles was joking about the prank yesterday when he told reporters "How do you know I'm not a radio station?"

Swing wrote:
smeggypants wrote:

I don't think it would have taken a genius to foresee that the action might well have led to the people giving the information being disciplined at least, but what cost that balanced against the amusement of the moronic millions huh?.

Which would you rather be

• a LACKEY who'd rather die than fail the royals, or
  • a REPUBLICAN who'd rather the royals die than fail the people?

On a roll!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/12/07/duc ... rank-call/

Rediculous! This woman must of had prior emotional issues :hmmm:

"mUhomMAD - Now with more PIG SHIT than ever!”

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Evil Inside

Posted on

Yes I reckon so Zaps. Straw that broke the camel's back maybe?

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Swing wrote:
smeggypants wrote:

No one was disciplined and even Charles thought the prank was amusing. Had the woman who took the call not died the next day, most people would have no doubt remained to find it amusing or at least thought nothing of it. Save a few humourless Royal sycophants like Nicholas Witchell who was obviosuly disgruntled by it way before anyone had died. I bet he was pissed off he wasn't able to get such infomration for his sycophant-reporting :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Good to cya Peter. :)

Peter Dow wrote:

Neither. I've no wish to see the Royals die, nor would I die for them. :thumb:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Good to cya Peter. :)

Thanks.

smeggypants wrote:
Peter Dow wrote:

Neither. I've no wish to see the Royals die, nor would I die for them. :thumb:

Well if the choice was

• die for the royals - say the Queen's government (HMG) fails to prevent a nuclear war and the whole country and you in it, gets nuked, so you die, even though you didn't want to die - the fact of the Queen being there and her incompetent ministers getting our country targeted in a nuclear war they didn't prevent got you killed though the royals being heads of the commonwealth manage to save themselves from getting nuked by hiding out in New Zealand or some place, or,
  • the other option being a republican revolution brought about by assassinating the royals who had to die in order to establish and safeguard the republic (as in the French & Russian republican revolutions) which republican revolution averts a nuclear war because of more competent republican ministers who deter a nuclear war via good military preparedness, nuclear deterrence and smart - Condi-style - diplomacy

Suppose there was just no other option - either the royals die or you do "for them" or "because of them" - then which do you choose Smeggs?

I am not asking if either of those choices were your desired option - I am asking you to pick between the two options as the least worst option for you, even if you dislike both options.

On a roll!

Posted on

I'm obviously going to choose my own life over the lives of a family I don't even know.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:I'm obviously going to choose my own life over the lives of a family I don't even know.

Good choice though it may seem to be an obvious choice for you many choose to risk their lives for "Queen and country".

Smeggs, you used to play music for the Queen's soldiers right?

If those in your audience clapping your performances choose to die for the Queen then why should it be obvious to me that you'd rather see the Queen take a bullet than yourself or even if that was your private least worst option that you would willing admit to it, rather than have it dragged out of you under close questioning by myself?

Did you ever stand up on a stage in front of a bunch of British army squaddies and express a wish that you'd rather the Queen gets shot than you? I doubt it.

And you don't know the royal family much less than UK soldiers or nurses who'd happily die for their royals.

What we Britons think we know about the royal family the kingdom's broadcasters try to brainwash into us via state broadcasting and it takes a very strong will to resist the brainwashing and to know something completely different about the royals - such as they are the enemy of the people and ought to targeted as such.

On a roll!

Posted on

Three threads talkin' about this now, so merged to avoid confusions :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:Was it a practical joke that went wrong or is it a tragedy? Should the two Australian DJs be charged with manslaughter?

In my opinion it was a harmless pratical joke that went wrong and my heart goes out to the nurse and her family. May she RIP.

:savile:

Did the practical joke even go wrong? We still don't know if the nurse's death was a direct result of this prank call. While the nurses death is a tragedy NO ONE could have foreseen a simple prank call like that could in any way be responsible for anyone's death.

IMO there's been an overtop knee jerk reaction in blaming the radio presenters over this.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Peter Dow wrote:
smeggypants wrote:I'm obviously going to choose my own life over the lives of a family I don't even know.

Good choice though it may seem to be an obvious choice for you many choose to risk their lives for "Queen and country".

I don't agree that this is the case at all anymore...QUEEN/KING and country is old rhetoric!

I think if you were to ask the average military chap or chappess they will say that they fight for very different reasons like democracy and patriotism or if you ask a more sarcastic one, because 'they are paid to'!

I don't think anyone would join up at all if they believed that they are fighting for the Queen, not anymore!

Loves The place!

Posted on

Docteur Qui wrote:
Peter Dow wrote:

I don't agree that this is the case at all anymore...QUEEN/KING and country is old rhetoric!

I think if you were to ask the average military chap or chappess they will say that they fight for very different reasons like democracy and patriotism or if you ask a more sarcastic one, because 'they are paid to'!

I don't think anyone would join up at all if they believed that they are fighting for the Queen, not anymore!

Well you just need to take a look at all the military parades and ceremonies there are with a royal in a high profile role such as inspecting the troops at attention, receiving a salute as they march past etc. to see that the forces are displaying their loyalty to the royals very frequently.

I have attempted to speak to average military chaps & chappesses on UK military forums but sooner or later I get banned for my robust republicanism and arguments against the royals.

I find the military forums don't really support democracy and free speech - they want to have their royals respected and the rights of the people forgotten and disrespected.

So the Queen comes first it seems and the people come nowhere. The only country they are concerned about is the kingdom and by "the kingdom" they mean the royals, they don't mean us. We are just dead meat walking as far as the Queen's forces are concerned.

I've been locked up in one of Her Majesty's Prisons and it is the same for the police and prison officers - the rights of the citizen count for zero with them - serving their Queen and her judges, keeping their jobs is all that counts.

We the people are just subjects of the Queen to be treated no better than slaves, caged like animals, tortured with rigid handcuffs etc. I just don't think you have experienced cruel treatment at the hands of the Queen's officers otherwise you would know what I was talking about.

Maybe they do it for the money rather than the Queen but they sure as hell are not doing it for me or the people I care about.

On a roll!

Posted on

I'm not sure about this, but I get the distinct feeling you don't like the royal family Peter :hmmm: :chin: :D

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Docteur Qui wrote:
Peter Dow wrote:

I don't think many would join up if they knew they were fighting for global investors and political ideologies that are more loyal to other countries. Yet that's exactly what they are fighting for.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Peter Dow wrote:
Docteur Qui wrote:
Peter Dow wrote:

Well you just need to take a look at all the military parades and ceremonies there are with a royal in a high profile role such as inspecting the troops at attention, receiving a salute as they march past etc. to see that the forces are displaying their loyalty to the royals very frequently.

I have attempted to speak to average military chaps & chappesses on UK military forums but sooner or later I get banned for my robust republicanism and arguments against the royals.

I find the military forums don't really support democracy and free speech - they want to have their royals respected and the rights of the people forgotten and disrespected.

So the Queen comes first it seems and the people come nowhere. The only country they are concerned about is the kingdom and by "the kingdom" they mean the royals, they don't mean us. We are just dead meat walking as far as the Queen's forces are concerned.

I've been locked up in one of Her Majesty's Prisons and it is the same for the police and prison officers - the rights of the citizen count for zero with them - serving their Queen and her judges, keeping their jobs is all that counts.

We the people are just subjects of the Queen to be treated no better than slaves, caged like animals, tortured with rigid handcuffs etc. I just don't think you have experienced cruel treatment at the hands of the Queen's officers otherwise you would know what I was talking about.

Maybe they do it for the money rather than the Queen but they sure as hell are not doing it for me or the people I care about.

We are all entitled to our opinions!

As a former police officer I can't agree (particularly your views about the police officers), for me the rights of and protection of citizen's was paramount and that was a view shared by many of my colleagues those views extended to the rights of suspects detained by me and my colleagues!

In terms of your views about the military and their fighting for queen and country, again, you aren't really putting forward a convincing arguement to support your view, you sound a little too bitter to me and your views appear to relate to your own personal experience! Whereas I have worked with many ex military over the years and, quite frankly, none of them were Royalists!!

Life has dealt me quite a few very shitty hands in recent years and I am very angry with the world and the state BUT I still can't agree that the traditional pomp that surrounds military life actually reflects the attitude of the average squaddie, seaman or airman! I believe that they believe that they fight for freedom, whether that is the actually the truth or whether the conflicts are right or wrong is another thing entirely!

The majority of the nation sing our national anthem when the occasions demands it but do you think they actually mean those words or is it more likely that its just a tradition, a song they know and a song that shows patriotism...I am convinced noone is singing to the Queen or about the Queen!!

Wots,
No doubt you have a view on this, do RAF personnel operate out of their love and loyalty of the Royal Family or are they simply doing a job that is a career choice of their own and for their own benefit??

Smegs
You're right of course, the military does hold its allegiance to the Queen at the head of its values, but, like the Queens position in ruling the country is today, the allegiance is nothing more than pomp and rhetoric and largely traditional!

Loves The place!

Posted on

Resonance wrote:I'm not sure about this, but I get the distinct feeling you don't like the royal family Peter :hmmm: :chin: :D

I don't like the fact that in their kingdom, their police give guns to nutcases who shoot primary school children dead and anybody who had tried to stop that and save the kids lives by speaking out and publishing against the gunman holding a police firearms certificate could have been jailed or killed by the very same Queen's police.

Dunblane Primary School Massacre Inquiry Cover-up Revealed

Resonance wrote:Image

I get the distinct feeling Resonance that the best you think we can hope for is to die in our sleep?

:chin:

Fuck that. I want freedom to be able to save the lives of innocents from the murdering stupidity of the kingdom's pig police.

On a roll!

PreviousNext

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Celebs